1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

Site help Copyright! Please Read And Discuss

Discussion in 'Site Help' started by Bombardier, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

The previous link bt Dr Neal Krawitz provides a link to Getty's fair use explanation however when I attempted to follow the link it would not open as Getty's Robots.txt file is blocking access to it ? interesting

2. Bombardier

I conducted an reverse image search using TinEye and found that the particular images appeared to be owned by many companies?

There were 49 results showing the photo however to the right of the page it showed certain collections containing the photo and how many instances the collection contains.

Who owns the image then?. Wikimedia states it is public domain.
    They cant all own the photo surely? so somebody is making money by exploiting rights they dont have.
    I accept Flickr,and wikimedia dont actually sell them.

Filter by collection

• alamy.com (1)
    • everystockphoto.com (2)
    • flickr.com (2)
    • foter.com (1)
    • gettyimages.com (1)
    • wikimedia.org (5)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  3. Bombardier

I have recently been contacted by Getty images and to be fair the only question they asked was "Did we have a licence?"
    When I contacted the uploader of the image (No names , no pack drills) it was clear that they did not have a licence. Getty were informed and they requested its removal, seemed fair to me, so the image was taken down.

ENGINEER likes this.
  4. ENGINEER United Kingdom

ENGINEER Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

Probably the wise move. No point in entanglements without a cause. If it matters it's probably possible to serve the dish in another way or find a different picture. Bots are stupid and easily distracted.

Bombardier likes this.