Movie / TV What's the last movie you watched

Just watched one of the most cretineous war films I have ever seen. Of course it s a recent film, noone would ever have dared make something like that 40 years ago.

"Company of heroes"

Sorry for the spoilers but people need to be warned about losing 100 mn of their short lives:

The movie starts promising with an ambush, some sniper fire...and some of the cast of "band of brothers" is there so you are rather expecting something interesting.

Then the dialogue starts and it´s right on the level of "Plan 9 from outer space".

As a matter of fact, an elite company is sent officially to deliver some turkey or something to forward lines, but the intelligence know that there is some kind of bomb being built by the nazis. An atomic bomb....

Time to move in to Germany behind enemy lines...with US uniforms and no German speakers, the operation can only be successful.

Lots of guys get shot by nazi soldiers, but the others board a train (in nazi Germany) under fire from German soldiers who stop once the train is out of sight because there is really nothing they can do I guess. The guys meet some prisoners there, including a Brit played by an actor who desperately wants to be the next Jason Statham but is probably already too old for that. The train ride is uneventful even though the Germans know the Americans are on the train, know the destination of the train and FFS the train is running in nazi Germany itself...

At one point, the US soldiers do realize that a US uniform in Stuttgart might give them away. They manage to get German uniforms and so two of them can stroll on the Stuttgart busy streets talking out loud in English about something as important as their wives and girlfriends back home.

A dude who everyone thought was Polish is in fact Russian and tries to double cross the Americans.

But still the operation continues all the way to atomic plant factory where the Americans run out of ammo and are seconds from being shot until a nazi commander comes in and just like in bad supervillain movies stops the action so he can reveal his plan and as usual in all these movies this gives the guys the time to turn the table around and win.

It has as much military value as "Captain America" or "Wonderwoman". I even think "Top Secret" with Val Kilmer was more realistic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I was able to watch it for 4 minutes before I turned it off.

"Nothing new on the western front"

Solid in every department. Different from the 1979 movie, notably with the person of Katz, but very powerful in its message and gruesomeness.

Pig, w/Nicolas Cage. Great film. Recommended.

Not a film but a documentary about the eruption on white island three years ago.

In today´s day and age, there is something fascinating and uncomfortable to see the vid a guy takes from his phone just before they start to run for their lives.

The controversy with the official rescue services not doing anything is mentioned. All the guys on the tour companies behaved in an exemplary way...it´s quite powerful. The sequels of the burns are something awful for the survivors. On Netflix.

"the First of the Few"

Old English flick with David Niven about the events that lead to the design of the Supermarine Spitfire.

Great film All thumbs up.

Made in 1942...

On Prime Germany Transformers 1 - 4 can be watched.

I rewatch them with the kids right now...

We watched Freaks (1932) which she never even heard of before.

And only a second time für mich.

To my regrets, regular TV which is now essentially crap used to still show movies like that up until the late 90s.

I believe I watched it the first time on Arte or something, during my high school years and it was on the second part of the evening ‘cause a fairly disturbing movie.

I would assume most everybody here know it and have watched it before. I just wanted to make the point about todays TV.

Incredible, twisted story of a revenge.

The Pale Blue Eye.

It's good, but could have been better if they had removed part of the ending.

The Menu is also interesting, or at least entertaining.

A bit predictable maybe. Or at least not too hard to predict where things are going, but the movie is constructed in a neat way.

Last edited:
'Avatar 2'
with Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Stephen Lang et al.
Jake Sully (Worthington) has built a new life for himself on Pandora and started a family with his Na'vi wife Neytiri (Saldana). When Colonel Quaritch (Lang), reborn in a Na'vi body, returns to seek revenge and break the Na'vi resistance on behalf of humanity so that Pandora can finally be colonised, the Sullys flee to an ocean-dwelling Na'vi clan. With their help, they fight back.

Visually stunning, but one could tell in the cinema already that this flick would be boring if watched at home. It's all visuals and no substance. You could've easily cut off 60-90 minutes and tell the same story. I also found the Sully children to be extremely annoying. Maybe their portrayal was to increase the contrast between "half-blood" and "real" Na'vi, but it's extremely irritating to see them act up in a world of "noble savages" like teenagers from 2022 American suburbia. Yo bro, chill! – that's the new Na'vi for you. And out goes what's left of my suspension of disbelief …

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆ 5/10

'Avatar 2'
with Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Stephen Lang et al.
Jake Sully (Worthington) has built a new life for himself on Pandora and started a family with his Na'vi wife Neytiri (Saldana). When Colonel Quaritch (Lang), reborn in a Na'vi body, returns to seek revenge and break the Na'vi resistance on behalf of humanity so that Pandora can finally be colonised, the Sullys flee to an ocean-dwelling Na'vi clan. With their help, they fight back.

Visually stunning, but one could tell in the cinema already that this flick would be boring if watched at home. It's all visuals and no substance. You could've easily cut off 60-90 minutes and tell the same story. I also found the Sully children to be extremely annoying. Maybe their portrayal was to increase the contrast between "half-blood" and "real" Na'vi, but it's extremely irritating to see them act up in a world of "noble savages" like teenagers from 2022 American suburbia. Yo bro, chill! – that's the new Na'vi for you. And out goes what's left of my suspension of disbelief …

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆ 5/10
This was pretty much my impression from the first one - obnoxiously self-righteous and tedious space Pocahontas. By the end of the movie I was cheering for the poor humans, who made all this sacrifice by traveling half-way across the galaxy in order to do the hard and dangerous work of mining desperately needed resources, whilst trying to bring the gift of civilization to the ungrateful and warlike locals. I didn't even consider to go watch the second part.
Apparently even for the people on the left it all was a little too much:

Finally got round to watching Erin Brockovich ....after many years after it being released ..

The Biggest disappointment i found with the film that it never bothered to film of the Court scenes . regarding the law suit against the Water company .. and the film also failed to mention the figure the company had to pay out ..