Photos Technik Museum Sinsheim

Adamicz

Mi Sergeant
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Technology museum in south-western part of Germany. Museum itself is dedicated mainly to cars, bikes and planes, but has a really interesting and quite big military related part of exhibition as well, which I'm posting here. When visiting, one just have to beware of inaccurate descriptions of some of the exhibited pieces or rather that museum in some cases withholds the fact that they are displaying different versions of the vehicle. I have no problem when museums disguise post-war variants or licence-built modifications as WWII-era example of the original, but IMHO they should acknowledge this at the description sings. Sadly, this is quite widespread problem in military museums worldwide.

Ferret Mk.II (no, this type of vehicle from the 50s has nothing to do with WWII African campaign :))

OE70ZoI.jpg

Ordnance QF 25-pounder

aYKTRus.jpg

Bren Carrier (Universal Carrier)

p8Bfmj8.jpg

G-13 (post-war manufactured Hetzer) disguised as WWII era Hetzer

hiPql12.jpg

Junkers Ju 87 "Stuka" wreckage

bwOlcNT.jpg

HA-1112, which was a Spanish post-war license built version of Me-109. Here once again disguised as WWII era Me-109.

rNoNWc7.jpg

Sdkfz.7/1

O2vRD8v.jpg

Hummel

VfeEaTm.jpg

15cm sFH 18 howitzer and Goliath unmaned vehicle

UFiyagb.jpg

StuH 42 reproduction (on the original Panzer III chassis)

VrzhPSk.jpg

fKdJ72I.jpg

Last edited:
Mercedes L 1500 A

ui1w0rl.jpg

Panther ausf. A which has a moving tracks and moving turret that can be intiaded on the console standing nearby, very cool.

aHN2Hr3.jpg

Ucz2Anw.jpg

SdKfz.11

dqG34et.jpg

Opel Blitz

oKQO5RC.jpg

kNqI5uh.jpg

Flakpanzer IV Möbelwagen (with incorrect British 40mm Bofors AA gun)

plHSy6Y.jpg

88mm Flak

EuEJIcj.jpg

10.5cm leFH 18 howitzer

dg8ylVk.jpg

This should be another G-13 disguised as WWII era Hetzer.

HY33swQ.jpg

Renault UE Chenillette

HyeI6en.jpg

Nice pictures!
Sinsheim is an absolute treasure trove, well worth a visit. Amongst other gems, they have both a Concorde and a Tu-144 standing side-by-side.

Panther Ausf.A wreckage with the remains of its original Zimmerit

ynDWWXQ.jpg

IPrqpeJ.jpg

T-34/85

fvFYl7W.jpg

M4A1(75) Sherman with Free French markings and attached holder for the dozer blade

B7h5Nro.jpg

VW Kübelwagen together with target-towing aircraft F+W C-3605, post-war modification of the Swiss WWII era EKW C-36.

kzD49GN.jpg

Another M4A1 Sherman, but now with 76mm gun.

5zCV75I.jpg

lWsF7eJ.jpg

Focke-Wulf Fw 190 (replica)

XhFMjfs.jpg

M41 Walker Bulldog

FvUQ0uc.jpg

PzKpfw III ausf. N

KQcZvyZ.jpg

Stug III ausf. G

htuo0mP.jpg

SdKfz.10

W3YuB0A.jpg

Junkers Ju-88, which is partially a replica (a bad one), especially the front part and partially an original.

yJO90cP.jpg

CASA 352, Spanish post-war built version of Junkers Ju-52, disguised in German WWII markings

IV9hTwh.jpg

GjYyNDm.jpg

PzKpfw IV ausf. J

DVNmru1.jpg

a3KWjtV.jpg

TybwLAM.jpg

Mig-15 (wonder if the camo is real or fictional)

oPCaWIa.jpg

CASA 2.111, Spanish post-war built version of Heinkel He 111 with British Merlin engines

vzBc8Vt.jpg

Jagdpanther

nxgZTdY.jpg

SdKfz.10/4

QRQp9Cd.jpg

2nd prototype of Leopard 1, respectivelly only the hull, the turret comes from the production version.

XAb4EIf.jpg

M26 Pershing

QGxvLLL.jpg

M40 "Long Tom"

SB3tKCU.jpg

I love the bus in there, looks like the get away bus from the Clint Eastwood & Richard Burton movie, Where Eagles Dare......

what is destroyed around near a barrel?
This Jagdpanther comes from a fire range in Germany where it was used as a target so it was heavily damaged, thus the missing part you see on the gun's mantlet. So part of the vehicle is original, something comes from Panther parts found on scrapyard and the rest is replica.