1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Museum Kubinka Tank Museum

Discussion in 'All other military discussion' started by ENGINEER, May 22, 2017.

1. ENGINEER United Kingdom

ENGINEER Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

I am off here next weekend if the weather is good https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubinka_Tank_Museum.
    It's just down the road from me/us. That's also near Patriot Park the new army display site, and hopefully I will get to the 2017 one. Anyone got a photo request for me to try to get and I can try to.

2. NebrHogger United States

NebrHogger Mi Staff Sergeant MI.Net Member

I believe they have an Italian L6/40 - A pic with person nearby for size perspective would be much appreciated!

Bombardier likes this.
  3. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Well.....I would say take as many pics as you can mate and create an album of photos Mil-smile01

Enjoy mate

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    BravoZulu likes this.
  4. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Just had a look at their website and they have a "Karl-Gerät" (040/041) exhibit
    Would be good to have some all round shots of that baby
    Karl-Gerät.jpg

5. BravoZulu Australia

BravoZulu Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator TAARB

What @Bombardier said mate...heaps of pics and an album would be brilliant, have a great time!mil-smile03

6. ENGINEER United Kingdom

I'll do my best then . They want to charge me 1500 rb , 3 times the price so Mrs Engineer will have to argue out of it and say I am a resident etc etc, Can't escape the 350 rb photo licence charge though. I'll also head back to Park Pobedy and see if I can get more of the planes and the armoured train etc in the outside museum. Shame to see the planes there really. Some should get back to flying mode. Russian museums are really good but sadly the translations may be deficient.

7. The Hood United Kingdom

The Hood Mi Corporal MI.Net Member

As has been said plenty piccys please mil-smile03

8. ENGINEER United Kingdom

Slight delay as Mrs Engineer has another museum trip arranged this w/e. Tchaikovsky isn't quite the same but her friend and husband asked to see her and gave us the trip so it would be not right to refuse.

BravoZulu likes this.
  9. ENGINEER United Kingdom

Batteries are charged for cams and looks like tomorrow after all. I am in Facebook cooler for 30 days so nothing to the FB page unless I use my fake profile . The head waiter has your orders taken and will try to fulfil them. Run out of salt and vinegar unfortunately.

BravoZulu and Bombardier like this.
  10. ENGINEER United Kingdom

I tried but it was supposed to be in Building 7 which is no longer there so I presume it's gone to Patriot Park.

11. NebrHogger United States

NebrHogger Mi Staff Sergeant MI.Net Member

Thank you for trying!! SW

12. ENGINEER United Kingdom

It wasn't a successful visit to Patriot Park with incompleted display areas not being opened yet, however we did get to see the Russian Hardware outside. The 2017 IPSC Rifle World Shoot had it's opening though. The Russian Swifts air display team flew the opening and I tried to video it but had problems and didn't get as much as I would have liked. They fly Mikoyan mig-29 and are based at Kubinka air base . For about 30 seconds of a 15 minute long fly about they made noise and that was impressive. The introduction was coming in at maybe 1000 ft firing off flares. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swifts_(aerobatic_team)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2017
    Bombardier likes this.