Photos Tanks & Things Swallowed By Nature

Remnants of a Japanese Mitsubishi Zero Fighter from WW The Mariana Islands Pagan Island http://photorator.com/photo/34820/r...the-mariana-islands-pagan-island-photo-by-pr-
Rattlesden Airfield.jpg
Photo by Prizmcluster.

Abandoned, Wrecked & Recovered Aircraft of World War Two http://worldshipwrecks.com/12-abandoned-wrecked-recovered-aircraft-of-world-war-two/

Last edited:
Makin Atoll in the Gilbert Islands then and now.
Makin Atoll in the Gilbert Islands then and now.jpg

American soldiers are looking at a downed Kawanishi H8K.

@diman
Where was this motorcycle uncovered?
Great set of pics :cool:

Unfortunately, I don't know wherethey found him
Hmm all the references I have found just say "Found in the Forest" or "Woods" but no clue where

10 Tank Cemeteries & Wrecked Fighting Vehicles of Europe, Asia & the Middle East http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2015/03/10-tank-cemeteries-abandoned-fighting-vehicles/

abandoned-tank-graveyard-kuwait-2.jpg abandoned-tank-graveyard-kuwait.jpg
Sitting in the desert of Kuwait is a massive cemetery for not only tanks, but other heavy military and fighting vehicles leftover from the first Gulf War. It’s not too far from the little fishing village of Fao, whose residents have their own sad memories of the war – they were badly shelled and gassed, and their village was a staging point for military heading deeper inland. Locals call it the tank cemetery, and they also know it’s a dangerous place that’s all but off-limits to exploration and curious photographers. It’s a place where all different types of tanks were taken and dumped after the fighting was done; all nations that were involved in the war have representatives here, and they’ve all seen better days. Today, though, they bake under the heat of the desert sun, and it’s that heat that is the best protection for the cemetery of all – with temperatures that can reach 50 degrees Celsius (122 Fahrenheit), even the boldest explorers can’t be out in the heat for too long.

abandoned-tanks-Zheltukhin-Russia.jpg abandoned-tanks-Zheltukhin-Russia-2.jpg
Sitting on the island of Zheltukhin, Russia, are a group of abandoned T-34 tanks. The T-34s were developed by the Russians around the time of World War Two, and became one of the mainstays of the Russian army. Even though it was cramped and incredibly uncomfortable, it combined all the best parts of some of its contemporaries – like the suspension of the Christie with a BMV-manufactured engine. It was easy to repair, fast, and its angular design gave it some added defense. Its design and features were copied by later models, but the fate that awaited the tanks on the Zheltukhin was a little bizarre. For years, the tanks sat rusting in the salty air. Fairly recently, though – as recently as 2013 – someone took it upon themselves to give the tanks a new paint job. Now, the archaic remnants of the World War Two era army are bright yellow, bright orange, baby blue…. now, they stand out against the overgrown weeds and fields that that had long been left to rot in. No one seems sure why they were left there – or why they were painted – but it’s likely one of the most colorful tank graveyards that’s out there.

And many more. Follow the link.

I like the painted tanks. The colours seem to give the tanks an aesthetic pleasure ;)

/
Oh and should an author find their work then they have a legal right to issue a "take down notice". If that happened here and it was proven that the copyright belonged to them, the pics etc would be well... taken down

Whats funny about these pics is that the site listed above quotes other photo sharing sites as the source, but do not quote the copyright holder, probably because they cannot.

I am very keen on protecting the copyrights of an author, in fact I constantly trawl uploaded pics on our site in an attempt to find them. When I do I send them an email and up to this date each and every one of them have kindly given permission to use the item.
I agree with you . I regard the photo archives I posted regarding 629 Field Squadron and my Fathers engineering works to be licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .
That means both this site should be credited and me too and isn't a freedom from acknowledgment of a copyright. A hot link back usually serves the purpose. It doesn't mean an author can lift them and stick them in a book he writes and earn a fortune from them.

Last edited: