Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
Warm good morning from Vanuatu

I am trying to track down any photographs of the allied forces
stationed in the New Hebrides during WW2 and wonder if you have any
such photographs on file.

Many thanks from here.

Andrew

Hi Andrew and welcome to the site. Sorry to say I cannot help you, but may be some of the other chaps can.

Silky

new hebrides ww11

hi, my mom was a navy nurse in the new hebrides, and although sadly she died in '69, i think i could locate some photos.
funny, just last nite i was going thru some of her momentos from that time, and there were beautiful sea shells, a finger pricker for taking blood samples, looks archaic and very sharp, and some of her navy stripes. she was a lt commander rn.
nice to know there is still interest in those that served then. bye

Eye Opening Experience

Hey, you know what they say about us "old soldiers", we never die, (we just smell that way).

All kidding aside, I have personally learned much about soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen from all over the world, all thanks to this site and the great people who come here.

I have learned about other cultures, though at the expense of a budding friendship, and have grown in my knowledge of the feelings of others. Being lucky to have been raised in a country that hasn't been attacked (aside from 9/11, and the bombing of Pearl Harbor) since the WAR of 1812, I was pretty naive about the effects of war upon those who grew up in the shadow of air raids and the attempted annihillation of a people by a common enemy;
I'm referring to The Blitz, aka The Battle of Britain.
All those civilians who perished, and those who survived as well, will NEVER be forgotten or made light of by me, period.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you find any please let me know. i'm searching for some of Sgt John C Paul who served in New Hebrides.

New Hebrides

hi, my mom was a navy nurse in the new hebrides, and although sadly she died in '69, i think i could locate some photos.
funny, just last nite i was going thru some of her momentos from that time, and there were beautiful sea shells, a finger pricker for taking blood samples, looks archaic and very sharp, and some of her navy stripes. she was a lt commander rn.
nice to know there is still interest in those that served then. bye

Warm good afternoon from Vanuatu,

Many thanks for your reply ,i have only just found your post.

I wonder if you could email me on vivid@vanuatu.com.vu as I would be very interested an any photos you might have.

Many thanks

Andrew