Movie / TV "The Pacific"

03Fox2/1

Corporal - USMC
MI.Net Member
I'm happy to say that sometime soon this year, 2009, the long awaited saga about the Pacific War in WW II, similar to the highly regarded "Band Of Brothers" mini series released in 2001, will be released. It will be a ten hour mini series on HBO produced and directed by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg, the same two that brought us the highly acclaimed story of the 101st Airborne fighting across Europe. "The Pacific" will follow three U.S. Marines as they take part in the island hopping campaigns against Japan. I don't know who the actors will be, but if "Band of Brothers" is any indication, I'm sure the acting will be excellent and well received and the achieved results similar to "Band of Brothers" and "Saving Private Ryan". The series was filmed in Australia and I highly anticipate another mini series that will once again remind the young of what so many brave men went through so long ago for the sake of freedom and democracy.
Semper Fi

I'm really looking forward to this series, too. If it follows the benchmark set by Saving Private Ryan and B.O.B., with regards to veracity, it will be well worth waiting for.

Back