Help

Polar

Mi Staff Sergeant
MI.Net Member
I'm working on list with tanks, gun, plane and other military stuff preserved as monument, memorial , advertisment.
If you know any location ( Country, City...) and type of stuff, could you post it?
Thanks

Thanks Zofo
HMS Belfast I was have on list, but this Sherman I don't have on list.
I heard about this tragedy. Did I can use pic of Sherman on my web?

Of course; my Dad lives quite near to this place so we go quite regularly. The reason being, there's a good pub nearby!

There are a ton of memorials and museums here in the States. Here are a few that I can think of off the top of my head. They are mostly Navy related though.
U.S.S. Intrepid Air and Sea Museum, New York City, several ships and a submarine.
U.S.S. New Jersey BB-62, Camden, New Jersey,
Patriots Point, Charleston South Carolina, has the U.S.S. Yorktown (WWII carrier), a couple of other ships and a sub, as well as Vietnam Era firebase set up on the shore.
There is a museum in Aberdeen Maryland dedicated to armor and artillery. They even have a railroad gun there.

battleshipbob said:
They even have a railroad gun there.
Yep, this is "Anzio Annie", gun cal. 280mm what was shooting beach-head in Anzio in 1944. Germa name was "Leopold" :mrgreen:

USS New Jersey

While visiting my parents in New Jersey we took a trip to Camden, N.J., to see the U.S.S. New Jersey Museum. It really is first rate! If anyone can make it, take the "Fire Power" tour. They will take you inside one of the 16" gun turrets as well as the Combat Engagement Center. They do have on going preservation work going on, but it doesn't interfere with the tours. It even has the same old warship smell that I remember.
If you have the time, across the Delaware River in Philadelphia, is the U.S.S. Columbia, one of Admiral Deweys Battlecruisers from the Spanish-American war. We didn't have the time to check it however. I will post some photos of the BB-62 when I get home.