Book 'Eyes of the Royal Air Force'

Matzos

Mi Lieutenant
MI.Net Member
If you are researching the history of photo-recce within the Royal Air Force, the book EYES OF THE ROYAL AIR FORCE is excellent.
It starts with the dawn of air photographer within the RAF and just stops short of the new digital systems that have now entered service.
The book contants very good photos showing a number of the raids undertaken by the RAF.

When was this published? There is a great book (perhaps now out of print) dealing with the very start of air recon - balloons etc through WW1 and finishing with WW2, including the famous Penemunde (sp) raid and pretty much everything 617 did. There are some great pen portraits of the flyers and the interpreting staff. The only thing is, the book's in UK, I'm here and never the twain shall meet. Title, hmmm... :oops:

Hi Zofo

The book was published a number of years ago, I got my copy for £5! - list price on some web sites is still approx £25

I covers all the areas you listed.

I have a number of books on the subject, at this present time I am at home on leave and all my books are at my Unit.

Mick

I'll see if I can sort out the title from my Dad! As I said, the book I'm on about finishes at the end of WW2.