Movie / TV can anyone remember

Sparky

Mi Sergeant
MI.Net Member
I recall a WW2 film where some soldiers were working behind enemy lines, with the French or Dutch resistance I think. They were betrayed and tracked to a large church, where they fought off the Germans for as long as they could from the basement . Eventually the germans put a water hose against the grill on the basement window and started to flood it. Their choice was surrender or drown. They chose to shoot each other at the same time in the back of the head.
Was a great film, but for the life of me I can't remember the name. Does it strike a chord with anyone?

I think that sounds very similar to the film about the assination of Reinhard Heydrich i/c of the SS. The people were cornered in a basement and they stuck something probably a hosepipe through the grill. If it's not the same film it is very similar?

Zofo you're a star.

With your info and a little "googling" I found the answer! :mrgreen:

Operation Daybreak 1976

"During World War 2 a squad of Czech expatriates are parachuted into Czechoslovakia in order to assassinate the German governor Reinhard Heydrich. Operation Daybreak, based on a true story, details the preparations, execution, and aftermath of this operation."

Starring Tim Bottoms and Anthoney Andrews.

The final sequence is in the Church crypt, not the basement (close enough though).

Zofo, I know that one's been messing with Fingers' head too so I'll let him know later. Many thanks !!

Hey sparky, your our 1st Navy seargeant. Well done matey :mrgreen:

Excellent ! Fingers is officially my lacky now :mrgreen:

Sparky said:
Zofo you're a star.

Zofo, I know that one's been messing with Fingers' head too so I'll let him know later. Many thanks !!

I'm good for something and you're welcome! Try to keep him guessing for a while longer then look smug whilst he's thinking!!

Smug mode was activated when I told him Bomber had cleared out his account for fixing his PC and given his credits to me :mrgreen:

Still he's up and running again now....I'm sure there will be some return fire heading my way ! o-

Up and running

Yep I am now back up and running which is more than can be said for you SPARKY !!! There have been a few pounds piled on since those yawn yawn Bisley I can't shoot for sh#'t photos were taken !!!! You look so tough with those top tatts !!!!! PFK's

And I can't believe you didn't know Operation Daybreak, you should of asked the film buff
:lol: :lol:

Come off it Fingers, I mentioned that fim weeks ago and you couldn't remember the name ! Don't start trying to steal Zofo's thunder !

tut Tut Fingers - no thunder stealing now!!! :lol: