Gaming Star Citizen - Anyone?

AAR Galileo

Mi Captain
MI.Net Member
TAARB
Star Citizen is an open universe game (with a solo military campaign Squadron 42 - sold separately now) created by Chris Roberts (creator of the Wing Commander series for those who are old enough to remember).
In the game to be release soon (it is in development since 2013) you will be able to play what ever you want from a farmer on the surface of a planet, a miner in asteroid belt, an explorer, a medic, a racer, a pirate , a bounty hunter, ..... well whatever you want to be.

Players can create, join organization (group of players with the same affinity)

At the launch of the games 100 star systems will be available with 5 races (Human, X'ian, Banu, Teravin and Vanduul this later is in war with the rest of the universe) , there is a mysterious race but we don't have to many clues about them.

The universe will have 90% of NPC and 10% of players with a dynamic economy.

There is at this time +150 ships available or in development from a simple beginner ship to a multi-crew (up to 80 players) Destroyer. A player can join a ship with a multiplayer crew to be an engineer, a gunner, a com / ECM / radr specilaist, a navigator, ....

Ship can be buy now to help developing the game (so far 186M$). A basic ship at 45$ is enough to start.

Here some in game demo of Star citizen what will be able to do in the future (end of the year - Q1 2019).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What you can do now

Squadron 42 - The military solo campaign gameplay

About the game:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42

I've been following this. Can't see it ready for launch before mid-2020 mind you, but it'll give me an excuse to buy a new gaming machine.

I watched a couple of minutes of the first video and I'm sold. I haven't been interested in wasting hours on a video game in years.

I follow this guy for news on the game - he's quite entertaining.

Also, FOIP is kind of creepy.