Other Post AR-15 Rifle

Herc15

Mi Sergeant
MI.Net Member
A question for those gun guru's out there. The AR-15 is becoming increasingly popular with mentally unstable mass murders, what is the attraction to this particular weapon system?

A strange way to pose your question?

I am not a Gun Guru by any means however the attraction to any gun enthusiast or novice is that they are easy to build and parts are readily available online and fairly inexpensive, It is also easy to modify. Contrary to popular belief the Ar15 is only semi automatic and to convert it to full auto would cause more problems with the weapon than anybody would want, such as constant jamming

Is it the preferred weapon for mass shootings?, No

A study conducted by Northeastern University concluded that AR-15s and other firearms that they considered to be "assault weapons" consisted of only 24.6 percent of mass shootings, while 47.9 percent of shootings were committed with handguns.

Have a read

https://www.dailywire.com/news/6749/debunking-top-5-myths-about-ar-15-aaron-bandler#

Last edited:
The AR-15 has just become the object liberals think will eliminate tragedies if it's outlawed. It's a similar scenario to turning in knives to prevent stabbings in England. The problem isn't an inanimate object - it's poor parenting and lack of education.

My children grew up in a house full of guns. We communicated about hazards and safety had hadn't a single problem. My older daughter as an adult enjoys shooting and has a number of her own guns - several of which came from me.

For my money, children should be educated at an early age to report others who threaten any kind of mass violence and immediately bring to a responsible adult's attention the presence of any weapon where it shouldn't be.

The solution to this problem begins at home.

This Sheriff has it bang on
Washington sheriff after latest school shooting: "You started glorifying cultures of violence -- you’ve glorified the gang culture, you’ve glorified games that actually give you points for raping and killing people. Gun didn’t change. We changed.”

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited: