1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Site help Album Permissions

Discussion in 'Site Help' started by Bombardier, May 29, 2016.

1. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

If you want to restrict the viewing of media and or comments to a particular group of people this can be done when you set up the album in the media area. all that is required is to create 'Custom users' and your album is private for those invited only.

custom users.jpg

This could be useful for discussing a sensitive subject or to prevent certain types from spoiling your conversation about the subject matter. Perhaps also you do not want your photos to be in public view for copyright reasons. you can continue to add members to the custom list as you see fit.

The only none custom users who will be able to see your posts are ME!!! for obvious reasons.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Bigbird likes this.
  2. Bigbird United Kingdom

Bigbird The Bird Thats Big MI.Net Member Mi.Net Supporter

This could be good for discussing military womens issues.

Bombardier and Smiffy like this.
  3. Bombardier

Sorry @Bigbird I missed this post, yes of course it would be good for that and many other possibilities too.
    It could be considered I suppose a private group where only invited guests can visit and post, I am aware of a few already in existence that are working very well indeed.

Cobra likes this.
  4. Bombardier

Just a point to note!
    If you are named in an album that has been set to private and hence allowed access the albums you are named in will appear in the Media section under 'Albums shared with you' (see pic)
    albums shared with you.png

Cobra likes this.
  5. Cobra United Kingdom

Cobra Mi Corporal MI.Net Member

I see, so if I want to create an album but only have certain members view it, I just add their username. Cool kinda like an invite only photo photo viewing.

Bombardier likes this.
  6. Bombardier

Yes and if you ever decide that you want it to go public then you can change it as you see fit