Other Post Want to buy Euro railway medals

NebrHogger

Mi General
MI.Net Member
United-States
Bombardier,

If this ad is out of place, apologies in advance.

As a retired railroader, I'm interested in memorabilia of other countries - particularly medals. I'd like to acquire railway medals mainly from colonies like French Indochina, North Africa or Belgian Congo. There's a also a French railway employee's orphan medal I've heard of but never seen. While not specifically military in nature, these railways carried a lot of military freight.

Vintage photos are also of interest.

If you want french railway medals, on ebay there is a lot

check for "medaille SNCF" (SNCF = Societe Nationale des Chemins de Fer = National Railway Society)

For the orphan medal there is this one (there was orphan institutions for orphans who parents worked for the Railway and has been killed during the war (WW1 and WW2) - I think this medal was used so orphans can take any trains for free)

Bombardier,

If this ad is out of place, apologies in advance.

As a retired railroader, I'm interested in memorabilia of other countries - particularly medals. I'd like to acquire railway medals mainly from colonies like French Indochina, North Africa or Belgian Congo. There's a also a French railway employee's orphan medal I've heard of but never seen. While not specifically military in nature, these railways carried a lot of military freight.

Vintage photos are also of interest.

Its fine @NebrHogger
Its more of a request rather than an add :)

Back