Food & drink The Snail Hunter Arms Hotel

20200211_172631.jpg

Batcat says that's a bit loud.

Yeah, he's not wrong. I've seen a lot of loud bands - Metallica, Slayer, Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Anthrax... It's a long list but Mogwai are absolutely the loudest live band I've ever heard in my life.
It's weird because they also do some beautiful melodic stuff -

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The last time I saw them I took my friend Steve who didn't know anything about them and the noise took him a bit by surprise. When they announced the last song he looked visibly relieved and I giggled inside because I knew that the song they'd chosen to end with was about 24 minutes long.

Batcat will get by, the house up on the corner do most of his care giving, I'm just his side owner...

Cats don't have owners. Cats own you as their servants and worshippers. notworthy;

When the little mouse muncher decided that we would be friends, he was very affectionate. That all finished once he secured his own bowl that would periodically be refilled with kibble. We're at a much more comfortable level of occasional pats and leg rubs, with intermittent attempts at claws out kneeding.

I will have a double jamesons........ err hold on im paying? make it a tap water :)

If I’m getting this right, our owner here wants to make us drink tap water whereas he actually owns a brewery and beer, it even has the Union Jack on its cap...

Outrageous!

I went from working in a pub where the beer is pronounced the English way - Bomba-deer - to working in the aviation industry where the aircraft manufacturer is pronounced the French way - more like Bom-bar-dee-ay - and for a few years in either the pub or at work I'd accidentally pronounce it the other way.
I took an insane amount of S**t in the pub for saying the beer with the French pronunciation.

It was like Moe in the Simpsons when he hears how Homer says 'garage'.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It was a good one, what I’d expect from an English bitter, low-ABV and refreshing. I can only pronounce it the French way, though so I might as well steer clear of any British pub if I don’t want to start any riots.

When I was behind the bar I did once serve a French guy who spoke excellent but heavily accented English. He ordered a round and the last drink was a "fuzzy orange" and I had to apologise because I had no idea what he meant. He explained "A fuzzy orange.. an orange with bubbles!".

"Fuzzy" is apparently "fizzy" with a French accent.

Many words and expressions can be lost in translation when a frenchie speaks English, especially if you don't practise it much.

I still have an accent, though not very thick, but I remember to have screwed my prononciation a couple times in Anglo land. Like telling an aussie bloke somewhere close to Central Park "I'm hungry" which I clearly could only pronounce "I'm angry". He was confused then I told him "we should have dinner" which made more sense to his ear. It doesn't help that I mumble too much.

I'll have a Boddington's, quick half..... Oh, Wait a minute. It's only 06:55 here.... What's a good breakfast beer for the start of a sunny day?

I'll have a Boddington's, quick half..... Oh, Wait a minute. It's only 06:55 here.... What's a good breakfast beer for the start of a sunny day?

A Stout flavored with chocolate or coffee or both? No shortage of this over there...

Gents, and Digrar.. I could really use a strong drink. It's been one hell of a week. Any suggestions? First round is on me.

2 six packs of bundy rum and cola cans, then go and pick fights with anyone within arms reach who isn't living up to your expectations. You'll feel better in the morning. *

*That is a lie, you'll have a hell of a hang over, bruised knuckles, probably missing a few teeth and a black eye.

2 six packs of bundy rum and cola cans, then go and pick fights with anyone within arms reach who isn't living up to your expectations. You'll feel better in the morning. *

*That is a lie, you'll have a hell of a hang over, bruised knuckles, probably missing a few teeth and a black eye.
I second that, Scotch, bourbon etc and there's no problem, a happy night. Rum makes me think I can take on the world and gives me the attitude to try ;)