Photos Souvenirs

NebrHogger

Mi General
MI.Net Member
United-States
I really can't say why I kept these... but I did. Previous owner hadn't further need of either. The bandage kit is Hungarian as confirmed by my friend in Budapest. He tells me the company is still going. This is the only east Euro equipment I ever saw there - all other gear seemed to be Chinese.

Got the small shovel not far away - I can't recall what prompted me to keep it.

I had a few smaller items like various denominations of MPC (Military Payment Scrip) - a few leaflets - etc & so forth. Also have a dust covered SKS I need to take out & shoot again since I just scored a full crate of Yugo ammo.

0000.vn1.jpg 0000.vn3.jpg 0000.vn2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange how an Hungarian Bandage would end up in Vietnam?, any ideas how that would happen.

I figure it was part of a com-bloc aid package. I've heard of other items from eastern Europe, but besides this bandage kit, I only ever saw a grenade that appeared to be Russian. Could have been from any Warsaw pact country, though. The majority of the grenades I saw were Chinese with short wooden handles and friction igniters. At night you could sometimes see trails of sparks when they flew through the air.

I never examined guns too closely to see where they might have been made - I was more concerned they were no longer pointed in my direction. The SKS I have is Chinese - factory 916. I hear factory 26 are much more common.

As with the two items above, I picked it up from the ground, the former owner having no further interest in it. SW

Back