Photos Sepecat Jaguar

BravoZulu

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TAARB
Australia
All things Sepecat Jaguar ;)

The SEPECAT Jaguar is a British-French jet attack aircraft originally used by the British Royal Air Force and the French Air Force in the close air support and nuclear strike role.
Originally conceived in the 1960s as a jet trainer with a light ground attack capability, the requirement for the aircraft soon changed to include supersonic performance, reconnaissance and tactical nuclear strike roles. A carrier-based variant was also planned for French service, but this was cancelled in favour of the cheaper Dassault Super Étendard. The airframes were manufactured by SEPECAT (Société Européenne de Production de l'avion Ecole de Combat et d'Appui Tactique), a joint venture between Breguet and the British Aircraft Corporation, one of the first major joint-Anglo-French military aircraft programs.
The Jaguar was exported to India, Oman, Ecuador and Nigeria. With various air forces, the Jaguar was used in numerous conflicts and military operations in Mauritania, Chad, Iraq, Bosnia, and Pakistan, as well as providing a ready nuclear delivery platform for Britain, France, and India throughout the latter half of the Cold War and beyond. In the Gulf War, the Jaguar was praised for its reliability and was a valuable coalition resource. The aircraft served with the French Air Force as the main strike/attack aircraft until 1 July 2005, and with the Royal Air Force until the end of April 2007. It was replaced by the Panavia Tornado and the Eurofighter Typhoon in the RAF and the Dassault Rafale in the French Air Force.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEPECAT_Jaguar

1280px-Jaguar_DF-SD-05-05511.jpg

A French Air Force Jaguar A/E Fighter-Bomber aircraft flies a refueling mission over the Adriatic Sea, in support of Operation JOINT FORGE
8th April 2003
DoD photo by: TSGT MIKE BUYTAS, USAF

1920px-JaguarT2_RAF_over_Scotland_1981.jpg

RAF Jaguar T2 in flight displaying underside, 1,187 litre tanks and CBLS (carrier, bomb, light store) fitted to its underwing pylons.
15th June 1981
MSgt. Don Sutherland, USAF - U.S. Defenseimagery.mil photo VIRIN: DF-ST-82-0891

1920px-JaguarGR3_41Sqn_RAF_1999.jpg

RAF Jaguar GR3 with view of overwing AIM-9L Sidewinder missile. 1st February 1999
SSgt. Vince Parker, USAF - U.S. Defenseimagery.mil photo no. DF-ST-01-00540

1920px-Jaguar_Refueling.jpg

RAF Jaguar GR3 during mid-air refueling. 29th April 2002
TSGT CECIL D DAW JR, USAF

1280px-Cockpit_of_Jaguar_GR.3A.jpg

Cockpit of an RAF Jaguar GR3A at DCAE Cosford 8th October 2009

Jaguar_33_ardennes_2.jpg

A French Jaguar on runway under tow. Escadron de chasse 3/3 "Ardennes" 19 April 2009

Lets get this party started :)

I wonder what made the French Navy choose an upgraded Etendard over the Jaguar?

Ahhhh so nothing to do with the capabilities of each aircraft, Ok I get it ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is the coolest thing I've seen today.

You're gonna induce an infatuation with the Jaguar in me @BravoZulu. I have enough of those already!

Great thread, I love seeing these interesting machines get their own threads notworthy;

Cheers @Devil Child , The Jaguar has always been a favourite of mine, quietly getting the job done for which it was designed for and more! (Y)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1920px-JaguarGR1_41Sqn_refueling_Gulf1991.jpg

British and U.S. Air Force ground crew members refuel a Royal Air Force SEPECAT Jaguar GR1 aircraft from No. 41 Squadron, RAF, (probably at Bahrain) during Operation "Desert Shield" on 23 January 1991.
Tech. Sgt. Rose S. Reynolds - DF-ST-91-07800

1920px-RAF_Jaguar_Tactical_Meet.jpg

A British SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1 aircraft of No. 2 Squadron RAF parked on the flight line during "Tactical Air Meet '78" at RAF Wildenrath, Federal Republic of Germany, on 15 May 1978.
SSgt. David E. Shaffer, USAF - U.S. Defenseimagery.mil photo DF-ST-84-06979 [1]

1280px-Jaguar_GR1As_54Sqn_RAF_2002.jpg

Three British SEPECAT Jaguar GR3A fighters of No. 54 Squadron, Royal Air Force (detached from their home base of RAF Coltishall), fly a sortie in support of Operation Northern Watch over Northern Iraq on 19 September 2002.
TSgt. Anna Hayman, USAF - U.S. Defenseimagery.mil photo 020919-F-4649H-015 (DF-SD-04-09920)

1280px-JaguarGR1_41Sqn_Gulf1991.jpg

A Royal Air Force SEPECAT Jaguar GR1 aircraft (s/n XZ355) from No. 41 Squadron, RAF, takes off (probably from Bahrain) during operation "Desert Shield" on 23 January 1991.
Tech. Sgt. Rose S. Reynolds - U.S. Defenseimagery.mil photo VIRIN: DF-ST-91-07807

1280px-Line_up_of_Jaguar_GR.3As_at_Cosford.jpg

8th October 2009, All of these Jags have been retired for a couple of years now and are in use as Ground Instructional Airframes at the RAF's training school at RAF Cosford.

full.jpg

A specially painted Jaguar aircraft takes to the skies over RAF Coningsby for a final flight before the fighter was officially retired from service with the Royal Air Force in June 2007.

Last edited:
Back