1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Rules of Data sheets posting

Discussion in 'Military Tech Data' started by Bombardier, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Ok here is a specific forum for posting technical data of your favourite Military vehicles,guns,artillery, aircraft et etc.
    I was asked by a member if this could be possible so here it is.

One of the considerations was the question of copyright for data submitted. i can say that the data is not subject to copyright and can be posted freely but we should at least post a link to the source of the data.

Any images posted should be in line with copyright rules.
    Only post images that
    • You own
    • You have permission to use
    • Are clearly public Domain (post a link to the location that states that they are PD)
    • A license is clearly available to reuse the image (You must read the license as it may have some conditions e.g posting a link to the licence and page)
    • Come from a website social media where sharing is allowed (e.g share buttons provided) although the share buttons may not work you should provide a link back to the social media site it came from
    • If you are still unsure about the provenance of the image you should state that the image posted is shared here under 'Fair use' as we are a non commercial site and the image is for discussion and education.

I have created the first tech data sheet for the Challenger 2 Main battle tank.
    As you can see I have sourced the data from another website and posted a link back to them (not required but polite)
    I have also marked the copyright of each image (in this case they are owned by MI.Net)

Images are not necessary but give the data sheet a visual reference for the reader.

Hope you are all happy with this feature (many thanks for the suggestion @Brit_pop

If anybody thinks the data is wrong please say so and post a link to the source that contradicts the data or a reference to the publication

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Jack-Sparrow likes this.
  2. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

We are looking for a moderator for this forum so if you think that you are up to it and you meet the moderator requirements, let me know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.