Rant RAMC WW1 Honourable Discharge certificate

John A Silkstone

Mi General
MI.Net Member
The RAMC WW1 Honourable Discharge certificate did not sell. The person selling it has contacted me and asked if she reduces the price could I get the cash? She wanted £600 but now she wants £250. I've told told her I would find out if people would donate towards the cost. The certificate when purchased would be presented to the RAMC museum.

Anyone willing to donate please contact me with a private message for more information.

Silky

Last edited by a moderator:
Silky,
No need to private message you. Yes, I will be happy to contribute towards this noble cause and hopefully many more will step forward. Please let me know the details and when you need funds.
Semper Fi

Silky,
What's the word or status on this effort. If you need to p/m me, please do so, I'm ready and able to offer what little help I can. Also to you Bombardier, please keep me posted on both your efforts and needs. Semper Fi

Hi mate
I am expecting delivery of the certificate tommorow, once received I will contact the Royal Artillery museum for instructions regarding the donation of it.
Thanks mate (Y)

Hi,

I'm sorry to say that all the RAMC chaps on the RAMC site are just not responding to the appeal, so I think I will give up on the job.

Silky

Im sorry to hear that silky, I may have been able to donate a small amount but i doubt that it would have achieved the aim.
Its a real shame, one thing confuses me though, if sothebys have valued it at the large amount suggested, why does she not let them sell it for her ?

And here it is, it is not a dis-coloured as it looks in the picture, the lighting was not perfect when I took the picture.

Last edited:
Excellent just hope that Firepower appreciate the effort,

Contacted the museum and received this reply

Dear Bomabrdier Esquire (original name changed)

Thank you for your email letter of the 16th of March 2007 in which you kindly offer the Royal Regiment of Artillery Museum, Library and Archive a WWI certificate and medal of Gnr J.T. Hodges I would be pleased to accept them on behalf of the Trustees, as a generous donation to the collections.

If you are able to visit the Museum here in the Royal Arsenal to deliver the items personally please telephone before to arrange a date and time (I am in the Office Monday to Thursday, direct line 020 8312 7118). If you can not visit then the address to send the items is:

The Registrar

Royal Artillery Museum
Royal Arsenal
Woolwich
London
SE18 6ST

We are always pleased to receive donations of documents, letters, badges, uniforms, photographs, pictures, books, medals and other military related objects.

Yours sincerely
Marc J. Sherriff
Registrar Royal Artillery Museum

It will be in the post tommorow, if you feel you can make a small donation to the cost then please do so but dont stress to much over it, any monies received will go towards iminent forum and gallery upgrades.

many thanks bomber[/font]

Back