Intro Guten tag!

N

Napier

Hi all from a former Gunner and Cloudpuncher,

Woolwich Dec 1984 to May 1985, Le Cateau Troop and Sigs Wing.

12 AD Regt. (9, HQ, & 12 Btys.) Napier Barracks, Dortmund 1985 to 1989.

Anybody out there that knew me, a big hello.

Trying to compile the history of Dortmund' Garrison, so Gunners, get the thinking caps on and pull out those piccies.

Plus the other British units that were there since 1945 as Occupation Forces prior to BAOR.

Also the Wermacht that were stationed in these barracks. Anyone help?

Napier :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Guten tag mine Herr, Velkommen (sp??? :mrgreen: )

I did some time with the US Army in southern Germany. If you need a bier or schnitzel, stop on by the bunker. :cool:

Welcome to the Site, Buddy.
I'm a non military member myself, but you'll find lots of interested parties on here, who will no doubt pass on relevant info. and ask you lots of questions.
:D :D
Derrick.

Hey buddy welcome to our site. I am an ex Gunner and served with 27 Field Regt Ra, we took over UBIQUE Barracks Dortmund from 19 Field Ra in August 1990. We disbanded in 1992 and 27 Fields Farewell parade was at Ubique barracks on 10th December 1992, the salute was taken by the honorary Colonel Brigadier Ian Townsend and Maj Gen Wurfel of the German Air Force presented the Regiment with a Fahnenband (a German military honour) in recognition of its long and distinguished service to BAOR. Little bit of info for ya there, Ill see if I can dig a bit more out.

solthum

Told Yah, Napier, doesn't take long for the sh** to hit the fan on this Site.

Enjoy Yourself, have a beer or two with Drywall in our virtual bar, The Bunker.
Derrick.

solthum

Derrick Stephenson said:
Told Yah, Napier, doesn't take long for the sh** to hit the fan on this Site.
:D :D
Enjoy Yourself, have a beer or two with Drywall in our virtual bar, The Bunker.
Derrick.

I keep saying it but Derrick you kill me

Welcome and greetings! Look forward to your pics and posts!
Zofo

Hi Napier, I'm an ex RA and RAMC Well come to the site and enjoy your self. sal;

Napier,

A warm welcome from another one of the Yanks.

Bill

welc. napier I also served with 12 Regt HQ and 9 Plassey BTY

viki; burg; cow; vik,

Now then Viking,

did our paths cross, when were you there?

And to everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome lads :D

Napier

I was also with 12 AD in Napier (THQ BTY) , I was moved there after my much beloved Regt, 27 Field RA disbanded. Didnt like being in a cloud punching Regiment much, nothing personal to them, just that I had been with Gun Regt's all my service and found the change over difficult. :mrgreen:

Bomardier,

were you there until the closure in '95? They had HVM's then. When I was there, we had 'Dusty Bins' - Rapiers!

If either you or Viking have anything as regards Dortmund Garrison. 'The Power Pub' and all!!!. Then pass them on to me via PM and I'll give you my email addy

Welcome , it's not yourself perchance that posts on GUNNERS RA is it?

Tosh66,

I have posted on Gunners RA and my photos are there from N.I. '88

Ted
Thought so, I was at Woolwich until June '84

Tosh66,

intake or two before me? Where did you end up then mucker, if Dortmund, perhaps you can help me with my quest?

Ted (Napier)

Back