1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

Chickenhawk

Discussion in 'Military books' started by CplFoodspoiler, Jun 13, 2009.

1. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler Mi Recruit MI.Net Member

I have read this book many times. I can thoroughly recommend it.
    Chickenhawk is Robert Mason's narrative of his experiences as a UH-1 Iroquois helicopter pilot during the Vietnam War. The book chronicles his enlistment, flight training, deployment to and experiences in Vietnam, and his experiences after returning from the war.

The link below is for the authors site, including many photos chronicling persons, events and places mentioned in the book.

http://www.robertcmason.com/

2. Reloader

Reloader Mi Lieutenant MI.Net Member

I read this book a number of years ago and I agree, one of the best of its kind that I have read. Thanks for the link. I enjoyed looking through his gallery, too. (Y)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
  3. Hollis United States

Hollis Mi Staff Sergeant MI.Net Member

A sequel to it written by his wife. Patience Mason, Recovering from the War, Is also a good read. About or for her husband who has PTSD.