Photos Academy 1/72 B-17D Flying Fortress

tomthounaojam

The Glue Sniffer
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Season Greetings,

I had this kit for almost a decade and never had the chance to build it as there was no space in my apartment in Mumbai, back home I have some space so after completing the B-29 Lady Boomerang I decided to give it a go. The built was fairly simply not much fuss just for some clear parts that one has to be little careful, there was one missing part but I can live with it. For painting, I use the Mr.Hobby silver 8 but due to lack of paints here I used black to the silver to give some panel modulation and brown and red for exhaust. The most feared part of the kit was the Decals, these were pre-Catograf decals and I had a rough time so I needed as a solution but I was no were to any decal softener so I used, Vinegar Yes vinegar I used two-three type and settle to a local one which gave some softening effect and when I applied to the aircraft it works quite satisfactory. Head this aircraft was flown by famous aviator of the early day Captain Colin Kelly.
thank you

The two siblings

The B-17 Flying Fortress is a very nice plane. Very nicely built and painted model. I also used vinegar to soften decals once. The captain Colin Kelly, wasn't he shot down by Saburo Sakai? On 7.12.1941.