Thing is, Ukraine could also buy ammunition but they refuse to do so because they'd rather accept donations instead. So in the end you have troops in field unable to receive artillery support because someone high ranked in Kiev doesn't want to shell out the money.

From an interview with former Polish paratrooper that is fighting in Ukraine:

Ukraine hasn't so far displayed a gimme-attitude, and I kind of doubt an ordinary volunteer would be intimate with that kind of knowledge about government affairs. This is probably just a rumour. If it is true, however, I would assume they're running out of cash and wait for materiel donations because they can spend their limited funds only once. Maybe they're waiting for that Czech initiative to go somewhere, just to find out if they have to buy artillery shells or if they can focus on meeting some other need.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Orcs destroyed all Ukrainian non-nuclear power plants apart from the ones that are close to Kyiv. However, they have just destroyed one near Kyiv:

Ukraine is already connected to the Western European network, so Russia can pretty much damage as much as it likes.

90 % of Ruzzias micro electronics stem from China.

So disgusting. I would sanction China today.

The point will come anyway. Some idiots still think they can save their investments there but all they did was aid the devil.
this goes both way though. China realises it will be sanctioned and driven off the market, thus they are afraid of loosing their single ally on the world stage and thus are propping them up while at the same time trying not to prop them up too much, lest the sanctions come too early. They're between a rock and a hard place.

Ukraine hasn't so far displayed a gimme-attitude

As much as I am for the support of Ukraine, Zelenskyi is sometimes really getting on my nerves with his entitled "you owe me everything" attitude.
Today he basically implied in his press statement, that the west defending Israel against the Iranian attack is what a defence looks like, that we are not defending his Ukraine to this exent and falling short and even leave loopholes in Russian sanctione (as though we would do this intentionally).

I mean, he got 100 billions in aid and all he does is complaining, because we help someone else as well. And he is not asking, he is demanding.

So in this very point I am not with you, Ukraine's head of state does have a "gimme"-attitude.

As much as I am for the support of Ukraine, Zelenskyi is sometimes really getting on my nerves with his entitled "you owe me everything" attitude.
Today he basically implied in his press statement, that the west defending Israel against the Iranian attack is what a defence looks like, that we are not defending his Ukraine to this exent and falling short and even leave loopholes in Russian sanctione (as though we would do this intentionally).

I mean, he got 100 billions in aid and all he does is complaining, because we help someone else as well. And he is not asking, he is demanding.

So in this very point I am not with you, Ukraine's head of state does have a "gimme"-attitude.
It's not $100 bns but $200 bns and $50 bns out of that has been stolen.
Just Poland spent $25 bns an a military and non-military aid, including the Ukrainian refugees who live in Poland. The last part is particularly overlooked.

Last edited:
this goes both way though. China realises it will be sanctioned and driven off the market, thus they are afraid of loosing their single ally on the world stage and thus are propping them up while at the same time trying not to prop them up too much, lest the sanctions come too early. They're between a rock and a hard place.
China can sanction Western countries as well and many people don't take it into their accounts. China is a massive importer of Western goods and has a lot of resources that are scarce in the West.
That's why even if it's obvious that #ChinaVirus developers support the RuZZian war effort, the Western governments pretend that they don't know about it.

Ukraine is already connected to the Western European network, so Russia can pretty much damage as much as it likes.
You are just being funny.
First of all, the EU countries who share the border with Ukraine either don't overproduce energy, like Poland, or they are not willing to support Ukraine, like Hungary and Slovakia.
Secondly, as you know it very well, Ukraine doesn't expect us to sell something to it, but to give it for free. If it carries on like that, far-right parties in the West, that are supported/financed by RuZZia, will gain even a bigger number of voters. Their support is at record high at the moment, even without us giving a free electricity and gas to Ukraine.

Last edited:

Well, as a Hungarian I know what the orcs are doing. Anyone who kills them is my guest for a beer.
Two.
The choice is f***ing simple:
- Either the Ukrainians get what they need and kill those orcs, tying up Russia's forces, or
- or those bastards get their hands on Kazakhstan, and from there Europe's energy is completely F***ed.
- two: either Ukrainians fight and die NOW, or NATO member states military, NATO countries territory later.
Take your pick.

Well, as a Hungarian I know what the orcs are doing. Anyone who kills them is my guest for a beer.
Two.
The choice is f***ing simple:
- Either the Ukrainians get what they need and kill those orcs, tying up Russia's forces, or
- or those bastards get their hands on Kazakhstan, and from there Europe's energy is completely F***ed.
- two: either Ukrainians fight and die NOW, or NATO member states military, NATO countries territory later.
Take your pick.

All of the above is correct, alas none was part of the discussion

@Sinex

Ukraine is fighting for her very survival. I'd say it's absurd to expect Ukrainian decisionmakers to be diplomatic and ask nicely for the tools they need to guard their people from incessant Russian terror attacks. Tools which we possess and could hand over to Ukraine, with the added benefit of protecting tens of thousands of jobs in our armament industries through generating a need to purchase replacements.

Besides, Ukaine does defend us too by keeping Russia's clearly stated imperialism at bay.

And I perfectly understand Zelenskyy's frustration with Ukraine's Western allies. Who, after more than two years, still have not formed a consensus as to what their aim actually is. And that uncertainty has become painfully obvious over the past six to nine months. Frankly, the people on the far left and far right opposing weapon donations to Ukraine are actually somewhat right in one respect (even though they do not see it). Currently, we are needlessly prolonging this war in the sense that our recent aid to Ukraine is "too little to live, too much to die".

If I were him, I'd also be fuming that France for months blocked Czechia's artillery shells scheme because Macron wanted to have the shells produced in France rather than buying them from existing stocks, as though Ukraine has all the time in the world to wait for Paris negotiating a favourable contract. I'd also be fuming that Germany fails to provide 100 wheeled howitzers ordered almost two years ago because some environmentalist busybodies prevent KMW from extending a factory (a problem easily overcome if Berlin used its legal powers).

Why shouldn't he voice demands and grouch if asking politely gets him nowhere? My impression is that Western governments still do not know if they actually want Ukraine to win, and they do let Zelenskyy feel that.

If are wondering what car model to buy, take a closer look at Kia Sorento. It survived the double shelling in Donetsk region in Ukraine. (Regional police posted a video showing the moment the rocket hit civilians.)

@Sinex

Ukraine is fighting for her very survival. I'd say it's absurd to expect Ukrainian decisionmakers to be diplomatic and ask nicely for the tools they need to guard their people from incessant Russian terror attacks. Tools which we possess and could hand over to Ukraine, with the added benefit of protecting tens of thousands of jobs in our armament industries through generating a need to purchase replacements.

Besides, Ukaine does defend us too by keeping Russia's clearly stated imperialism at bay.

And I perfectly understand Zelenskyy's frustration with Ukraine's Western allies. Who, after more than two years, still have not formed a consensus as to what their aim actually is. And that uncertainty has become painfully obvious over the past six to nine months. Frankly, the people on the far left and far right opposing weapon donations to Ukraine are actually somewhat right in one respect (even though they do not see it). Currently, we are needlessly prolonging this war in the sense that our recent aid to Ukraine is "too little to live, too much to die".

If I were him, I'd also be fuming that France for months blocked Czechia's artillery shells scheme because Macron wanted to have the shells produced in France rather than buying them from existing stocks, as though Ukraine has all the time in the world to wait for Paris negotiating a favourable contract. I'd also be fuming that Germany fails to provide 100 wheeled howitzers ordered almost two years ago because some environmentalist busybodies prevent KMW from extending a factory (a problem easily overcome if Berlin used its legal powers).

Why shouldn't he voice demands and grouch if asking politely gets him nowhere? My impression is that Western governments still do not know if they actually want Ukraine to win, and they do let Zelenskyy feel that.
If the wests aim is to stalemate Russia, in Ukraine, then we should be honest about it. It makes no difference to Russia.

And if so, we should supply large amounts of sam to protect civilian areas, to return to near normal.

Plus lots of concrete, ground based unmanned armed vehicles etc, to reduce the casualty rate.

@Sinex

Also the EU pushed Ukraine into a revolution by having high ranking officials travel to Kyiv and promising Ukraine that they would support them.

Of course the unelected morons didn't expect russia to start a war over it, but rather hold fancy talks like they themselves would.

And talk is cheap, and a huge ego booster.

Last edited: