Terror News about terrorism - foiled attacks, arrests, threat level etc

Currently in NZ they are also crucifying a school board..inpaid trustees for a kid who got swept away in a cave flood...its all about blame. White island volcano blew up. Apparently none of the victims realized the smoking thing was a volcano.
Frankly, it may be a harsh thing to say, but I have zero sympathy with the people who died or were hurt that day.

Frankly, it may be a harsh thing to say, but I have zero sympathy with the people who died or were hurt that day.

I do. While NZers are generally aware that the island blows its top on a regular basis, the people who were visiting wouldn't have known that. And the companies running the tours made no effort to inform them. The risk of an explosion on any one day was probably 1:1500 (or every four years on average), which is a high enough risk people should have been able to make an informed decision on whether to visit or not.

Ha ha. That’s pretty awesome! Sometimes Mother F’n Nature interrupts!

So we have a couple of ski resorts in the western USA that are on volcanoes. Every other year, you read about some poor skier (or some snowboarder, yes, like me) who manages to get scalded or drowned when they go off-piste and fall into a fumarole or hot spring water feature. I m sure it’s a weird feeling to take yourself out that way, but at least you have that “oops, I was partying out of bounds” realization.

Now, if you’re paying for someone else to check on safety, then we’re talking a different story…. Not quite so awesome.

Currently in NZ they are also crucifying a school board..inpaid trustees for a kid who got swept away in a cave flood...its all about blame. White island volcano blew up. Apparently none of the victims realized the smoking thing was a volcano.
Yeah the school might have a case to answer on that one. " hey major storm coming but lets go explore underground caves that are known to flood anyway"

I do. While NZers are generally aware that the island blows its top on a regular basis, the people who were visiting wouldn't have known that. And the companies running the tours made no effort to inform them. The risk of an explosion on any one day was probably 1:1500 (or every four years on average), which is a high enough risk people should have been able to make an informed decision on whether to visit or not.
Point taken, but in my defence, I'm just not the type of person who would step into an active volcano no matter how slim its chances of exploding.

Posted this one in the Police Incident / News thread but unfortunately at this point the gang wars here can be labeled terror. Gunning down 3 (penitentiary) police officers in cold blood to free some narco leader? Like the Netherlands and Belgium to some extent, the Narco state peril is quickly turning Western Europe into the Favelas.

Posted this one in the Police Incident / News thread but unfortunately at this point the gang wars here can be labeled terror. Gunning down 3 (penitentiary) police officers in cold blood to free some narco leader? Like the Netherlands and Belgium to some extent, the Narco state peril is quickly turning Western Europe into the Favelas.
Meanwhile governments are busy dealing with lawsuits from civil rights groups because the drug kingpins don't have cells luxurious enough to their liking.

Like the Italians showed us you need to clean out the governments, courts, universities and law enforcement agencies before you can tackle organized crime.

So a low level drug dealer is busted out of a prison convoy by group of heavily armed men. This all happens 73 days before Olympics in a country that already had terrorist attacks organized by a group of low level drug dealers.

Yeah...

It's going to be fine.

images copie.jpg

Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico has been shot and wounded and is in a life-threatening condition.
Mr Fico was shot as he greeted crowds in front of a cultural community centre in the town of Handlova, where a government meeting had been held.
Several shots were heard, before his security detail bundled him into a nearby car.
The Slovak leader has been taken to hospital and his alleged assailant detained by police.