Photos Mitsubishi L3M1 (Nell) Yamato 1/72

tomthounaojam

The Glue Sniffer
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Hi Guys,
A simple and very old kit yet the details is very nice, however, the interior is very basic not much if I didn't add the pilot it would have look very empty. I will keep it short, the painting was done using Mr.color Silver, Vallejo and Tamiya black. This my favorite built so far for the year and sharing on this forum too, Thank you for looking, cheers

Awesome skills mate if I built that it would likely look more like a VW Golf mil-smile04
I was never this good, after few cuts on my finger and swearing on occasion, feeling depressed for super glue felling on yr favorite pant and spoiling it plus the occasional beers run, running out while building kits have improved my skills, hehe well honestly I learned from other members through their tips and practice, Cheers

Excellent job Tom ... you've got the metal effect spot on

i remember in the 1980s i got a military version of this kit it's a cheap version of the Hasegawa (can't remember the company's name) kit at a airshow because i couldn't get the Hasegawa kit, needless to say it was a howler both the fuselage and wing pieces were heavily warped .... it was so bad i had to bin it

Excellent job Tom ... you've got the metal effect spot on

i remember in the 1980s i got a military version of this kit it's a cheap version of the Hasegawa (can't remember the company's name) kit at a airshow because i couldn't get the Hasegawa kit, needless to say it was a howler both the fuselage and wing pieces were heavily warped .... it was so bad i had to bin it
Metal painting has always been tricky, but one of a good friend who is also a fellow modeller told me, Tom, don't go by the paint different people have different likes for their paint brand, get a reasonable silver paint with good pigment for me I went with Mr.Color silver and try to mimick the real world effect, so what I did was with silver added pinched of black and spray with with, different part different mixture some parts no mixing some parts I just painted a section black to increase reflective index and somehow i am happy with what I am achieving.

Back