Other Post Funny Pilot - Atc Conversations

saiga

Content Mod
MI.Net Member
The German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short- tempered lot. They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206.

Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway." Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."

The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.

Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?" Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now." Ground (arrogantly): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"

Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944 -- but I didn't land."

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/1911149/

And I bet that went down like a lead baloon :rolleyes:

Other version. The old man veteran in the German Embassy with the questionnaire.
- Date of the last visit of Germany.?
- "April – May, 1945".
- With whom you last time visited Germany?
- "With colleagues"
- Visit purpose:
- "Tourism, visit of the Reichstag"
- A type of transport on which visited (necessary to emphasize) … the list: plane, train, car … another?
- "T-34 tank!"

Argentine Air Defence Site: "Unknown aircraft you are in Argentine airspace. Identify yourself."

Aircraft: "This is a British aircraft. I am in Falklands airspace."

Argentine Air Defence Site: "You are in Argentine airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!"

Aircraft: "This is a Royal Air Force Tornado fighter. Send them up, I'll wait!"

Argentine Air Defence Site: ( .... total silence)