Other Post Convicted rapist Polanski still make movies and feminists are protesting

Jake84

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TheMess.Net
Ukraine
Convicted of butt raping a 13 yo girl back then. Polanski has a new movie out about the Dreyfus affair: « J’accuse » and French feminists are rightly protesting against him not to mention the fresh new rape accusation against him... from 1975 by a then 18 yo young woman.

Polanskis movie still is in the cinemas here and has a certain success. I hope the Americans are smarter than that. Protests are still ongoing in front of different cinemas around the country.

Side note: I rarely side with feminists but in this case they are right.

Polanskis movie still is in the cinemas here and has a certain success. I hope the Americans are smarter than that. Protests are still ongoing in front of different cinemas around the country.

x2
The feminists today are just a bunch of loons that deserve to be interned in a sanatorium, but that doesnt change the fact that Polanski´s carcass should have been rotting in jail for the last +40years. As far as I remember justice doesnt issue a waiver because of what happened to your wife or because you make "good" movies.

I disagree here. I don't like the trend of censorship by raging minorities we can see in the US (and that is coming in France) including if authors are despicable.
A movie, song, paint has not to be boycott-ed because the author is a jerk (except if said movie, song, paint is distasteful).
Throw as much mud you want on the author though. I know it is a difficult issue to separate both things. But Dreyfus affaire deserves a movie by itself.

I disagree just as much Mordoror, and as Dercius just wrote above your post, this pedophile should have been jailed for decades in the US.

I think you know Polanski’s story just as much as me and I’ll never find him any excuses despite the Manson and Sharon Tate case, his past during WW2 and all.

Again, feminists have a right to protest his movies and Polanski as far as I know isn’t the only director capable of making a movie about the Dreyfus affair.

Only thing I’ll concede to you is the actors of the movie have nothing to do with Polanski and his past rapes. Still. This guy can consider himself lucky he’s free and making big €$£ instead of rotting in jail as a pedophile... and you know what that implies...

I disagree just as much Mordoror, and as Dercius just wrote above your post, this pedophile should have been jailed for decades in the US.

I think you know Polanski’s story just as much as me and I’ll never find him any excuses despite the Manson and Sharon Tate case, his past during WW2 and all.

Again, feminists have a right to protest his movies and Polanski as far as I know isn’t the only director capable of making a movie about the Dreyfus affair.

Only thing I’ll concede to you is the actors of the movie have nothing to do with Polanski and his past rapes. Still. This guy can consider himself lucky he’s free and making big €$£ instead of rotting in jail as a pedophile... and you know what that implies...
Don't get me wrong; I am with you concerning Polanski person and personality.
Still, i don't like minorities imposing what is acceptable and what is not to be watched, listened, discussed.
Because where do you set the limit ? It is already happening here that dramas are forbiden because "black face", that lectures are forbidden in some Univ because "islamophobic" or "pro-choice"
Polansk should indeed have gone to jail. But that's a society decision. Now if i, you or any other people want to go watch the movie...or not, it is mine, your or anybody else decision. No activists should forbid me to exercise my personal liberty because in this case, the movie itself as nothing to do with the personal story of Polanski (it is not advocating or even talking about rape or pedophilia, if it has been the case, i would have agreed with its boycott).
But i can understand why you disagree though

I know where you’re getting at... complicated case indeed. I don’t particularly disagree with you on activists and protests but we seem to agree on Polanski and that’s good enough for me.

Seriously, F*** his sorry rapey ass.
He's a great director tho.

Back