Politics China insults Australia

That time when Mad Max called it ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wine really isn't that big a deal. Chinese never bought wine based on quality but on the picture on the bottle and whether it made them look "successful". The Chinese market for wine is tiny compared to that of the UK and US.

Likewise China can't afford to scorn Australian iron ore for long, they don't have any good alternatives.

It's still a lazy $1.28 billion for the calendar year, with a hefty 35 per cent share of the Chinese market.

It's our good quality coal that they'll be needing sooner rather than later, making steel without it will be a bit of a mission otherwise.

It's still a lazy $1.28 billion for the calendar year, with a hefty 35 per cent share of the Chinese market.

It's our good quality coal that they'll be needing sooner rather than later, making steel without it will be a bit of a mission otherwise.

I have no doubt that if the price of coal went up there would be people over here falling all over themselves to dig it up to sell to china

Why not totally wean yourself off of China? it will hurt a lot in the beginning but I am sure it will be worth it in the end. I do not want it to sound offensive but for a first world it seems the Aussie economy is a bit third world in that its main exports are its minerals. Why not process all in country and make the Chinese or other pay... pay dearly

Some called for a boycott after Tibet. As actual as an invasion can be.

Why not totally wean yourself off of China? it will hurt a lot in the beginning but I am sure it will be worth it in the end. I do not want it to sound offensive but for a first world it seems the Aussie economy is a bit third world in that its main exports are its minerals. Why not process all in country and make the Chinese or other pay... pay dearly
That is easier said than done. A great many industries have become reliant on Chinese suppliers and service providers. The logistical chains in production are established and well in place. Under such circumstances it will take the political will, not to mention money, to rearrange the economic structure of the world towards bringing back industries to the West & perhaps try to develop other countries that are more reliable and don't have as many hostile designs on us.

I for one would like to see some of China's cultural softpower wings clipped:

I must say Ted Cruz has recently become one of my favourite yankee politicians, the man has gone through an impressive arc, from your typical sleazy Republican to a man who has the balls to take unpopular positions and stand by them.

That is easier said than done. A great many industries have become reliant on Chinese suppliers and service providers. The logistical chains in production are established and well in place. Under such circumstances it will take the political will, not to mention money, to rearrange the economic structure of the world towards bringing back industries to the West & perhaps try to develop other countries that are more reliable and don't have as many hostile designs on us.

I for one would like to see some of China's cultural softpower wings clipped:

I must say Ted Cruz has recently become one of my favourite yankee politicians, the man has gone through an impressive arc, from your typical sleazy Republican to a man who has the balls to take unpopular positions and stand by them.
OT but I wonder how that happened... Trump emboldened some people to start standing for something? regardless, my response to every politician ever, when they say or do something I agree with, is always the same.... "they must be lying, someway, somehow..." I cant get over the feeling that every politician, no matter who, is some level of narcisstic sociopath....

I wonder, are these 23% 100% of Chinese origins?
There's no need for that. My brother works in a company with strong business ties to China. He often sings their praise, and through him I've met many people who think like him. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

There's no need for that. My brother works in a company with strong business ties to China. He often sings their praise, and through him I've met many people who think like him. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Especially when the other one aims a gun at your head.

*I am jesting*