Movie / TV Chernobyl - HBO

Ivan le Fou

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Trailers:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

First episode, out of 5, aired the 6th of May.

I just saw the first episode. My heart is still pumping hard, superbly done HBO.
And this Youtube channel is a great source for footage from that time:

Regarding this weeks episode and the robots. Activate CC.

I wrote my undergraduate thesis on the Russian commercial nuclear power network and it’s weapons grade byproduct supply chain.

Specifically, that nasty piece of work called the RBMK reactor with it’s positive void coefficient.

The Chernobyl series by HBO is truly exceptional in its accuracy.

The helo crash was eerily accurate and the only minor compliant I have is the post boron/sand drop need to drain the water to prevent superheating steam explosion,

It would not explode like a megaton warhead, but it would have released additional megaton warhead level additional radiation.

Chernobyl is a train wreck you just can’t look away from.

25 years ago it was hard compiling all the information that is now at our fingertips.

This docudrama series will share an accurate storytelling to a much wider audience.

Highly, Highly recommended.

The one event that helped drive the coffin to our own Nuclear powerplant. Fully completed but never fueled, ensuring the country remained in the dark ages.

Ukrainian Military MI-8s helicopters were used during filming.

106.jpg
107.jpg
108.jpg
109.jpg
110.jpg
111.jpg

The helo crash was eerily accurate and the only minor compliant I have is the post boron/sand drop need to drain the water to prevent superheating steam explosion,

The chopper crash was accurate in its execution, but it didn´t happen at the moment showed on the series. They decided to change the chronology for a more dramatic effect.

Back