Movie / TV Are you going to see "Midway"?

Ivan1987

Mi Corporal
MI.Net Member
I think I'm not going to see it. I watched the trailer and have concerns about the following things:

1. Scenes showing the attack on Pearl Harbor - has been done before, so why showing it again? The movie wasn't really accurate, but let's face it, the special effects during the attack were very good. I don't think anything can beat it. There is no sense in including the attack in this movie as well.

2. Scenes from the rear - OK, no real signs of love story yet, but it's clear from the trailer that part of the movie is going to take place back in the United States. I don't like it. It was kind of distracting in the Pacific miniseries and I don't want to experience it again.

My two cents. Feel free to post your opinion. :)

I'm not going to watch it, at least not for like 20 bucks at the cinema. Despite the casting of a-listers like Woody Harrelson, Luke Evans, Dennis Quaid and Patrick Wilson, it has all the marks of a low quality flick if the trailer means anything. The CGI seen in it looks terrible. Emmerich is no good directing choice even under the best of circumstances, much less so for a serious movie.

And the fact is (crazy though it may sound) that 70 million USD is a small budget for a war flick making so much use of CGI. Compare that to Dunkirk's 100 million, whose cast included only a handful of celebrities raking in celebrity payment.

Last but not least, I can't stant Ed Skrein. The guy couldn't become an actor if his life depended on it.

Last edited:
The original was pretty horrible too with all the stock footage of random Navy aircraft that changed from scene to scene.