A Very Dirty War

Good morning saiga
Another great read prior to going to work.
It was staggering — and dangerous in the long run — how quickly we became used to these macabre scenes. We would take the boots, which were better quality, and wear them instead of our own, literally stepping into dead men’s shoes.
This kind of mentality in war I have the misfortune to understand.

Thank you for the link, it was very moving and a nice testimony too, that mankind may not be doomed after all.

Good morning saiga
Another great read prior to going to work.

This kind of mentality in war I have the misfortune to understand.

Don´t know what to say. I thank god that I never had to go through anything even close to this. My father and my father-in-law had to complete the basic compulsory military service, however, they were never sent abroad. There was a great grandfather who supposedly served and fought during First World War (we found his service record after he passed away), but we didn´t talk much about those years. During the previous regime people like him were persecuted because the state power viewed them as unadaptable to the communist party´s conformity rules, therefore unacceptable to the society. Or whatever those morons in the communist party believed. I am proud of people who keep us save, of their courage, their sacrifice, and their decision itself to enlist in spite of what this country used to do to people like them only 30 years ago.

No worries matey
If I had a penny for every post I had made on other forums that were duplicated, i would be a rich man :rolleyes:
It adds weight to your post, dont sweat it brother

Don´t know what to say. I thank god that I never had to go through anything even close to this. My father and my father-in-law had to complete the basic compulsory military service, however, they were never sent abroad. There was a great grandfather who supposedly served and fought during First World War (we found his service record after he passed away), but we didn´t talk much about those years. During the previous regime people like him were persecuted because the state power viewed them as unadaptable to the communist party´s conformity rules, therefore unacceptable to the society. Or whatever those morons in the communist party believed. I am proud of people who keep us save, of their courage, their sacrifice, and their decision itself to enlist in spite of what this country used to do to people like them only 30 years ago.

You are lucky and dont feel bad about that. If you needed to you would heel to the call to arms I am sure of that

Last edited:
With help all can make peace with themselves, in time, but they have to accept the help and really look at themselves closely before the healing process can take affect. I respect and admire all those that serve their countries and regardless of where they are from.

As I have read in other posts on this forum, "Hate the war, not the warrior"

That was an emotional read, I knew nothing about how badly the Argentine leadership treated their soldiers not to mention the cold shoulder from their people. That is a disgrace, to lie about how the British would treat them to force them to fight displays to me how little faith they had in their cause.

I am glad that tony Banks was received so well by his former enemy. nice link @saiga