Funny Your wish is my command.

Derrick Stephenson

Major
MI.Net Member
A man walks into a restaurant, followed by a full grown female ostrich, orders a hamburger, fries and a coke. The ostrich says, 'I'll have the same'.
The waitress serves them, and later goes to collect payment. 'That will be £4.40p', she says, and the man sighs, puts his hand in his pocket, and produces exactly £4.40p.
The following day, they are back, and the day after, and the next day. It doesn't matter what the man orders, the ostrich wants the same, and the man always pulls out of his pocket the exact amount of money required to cover the bill.
The staff at the restaurant are totally intrigued, and finally one plucks up the courage to ask what is going on.
The man says, 'Well, several years ago, I found an old lamp and when I polished it, a Genie appeared and granted me two wishes. My first wish was that, if I had to pay for anything, when I put my hand in my pocket, the exact amount of money would be there'.
'That is absolutely terrific,' said the waitress, 'you'll never want for anything as long as you live. But what's with the ostrich?'
'Ah', said the man, 'my second wish was for a tall bird with long legs who agrees with everything I say.'
Derrick.

Back