Other Post Your town in 10 words or less?

River
Ferries
Seaport
Shipbuilding
Regeneration
Hills
Views
Wind
Rain
Optimism

NightStalker

Trains Crossroads Fishing Hunting Indy 500 20,000pop. rural coalmining farming lakes rivers

Last edited by a moderator:
Suburb
Mixed
Changing
Baseball (Go Cards)
The Mississippi
Deterioration
Unemployment
Racism
Pollution

St. Louis, MO..most people don't know that St. Louis is really a southern city. Had mandated segregation until the 60's.
First question you'll be asked here: Where did you go to high school? This serves to identify who & what you are.
Doesn't work for me because I'm not a native. Just the place I could find a job after I graduated from college.
Stayed here ever since. Will NOT retire here.

NightStalker

solthum Advisor you are probably 200 miles or less from me , I have a very good buddy that lives in BlackJack,Mo. just north of the I-70 ,we grew up together and he now works for Emerson Crop. or whoever they are this week. A military weapons contractor for our government out by McDonald Douglas . I have not been down that way 12 years , way over due. Lots of luck good to know somebody in my cyber neighborhood.uzi, Go cards.., you can't believe the amount of cub B.S. we put up with in this area 103 miles south of ***t land.

Missoula, Montana

Snow-capped Mountains
grassy foothills
flat ancient lake-bottom valley
University
pine forests
diciduous larch
fly-fishing
vacillating weather in all seasons
bohemian/cowboy/logger/greenie

Missoula, Montana
I must be meant to be here. I keep coming back. :cool: vik,

Nightstalker said:
solthum Advisor you are probably 200 miles or less from me , I have a very good buddy that lives in BlackJack,Mo. just north of the I-70 ,we grew up together and he now works for Emerson Crop. or whoever they are this week. A military weapons contractor for our government out by McDonald Douglas . I have not been down that way 12 years , way over due. Lots of luck good to know somebody in my cyber neighborhood.uzi, Go cards.., you can't believe the amount of cub B.S. we put up with in this area 103 miles south of ***t land.
Well, Black Jack is about 1 km away from where I live. And, I used to work for Emerson Electric's E&S Division about 20 years ago...made TOW missile launchers, ITV's, MiniTats, etc. Small world. Used to be that if you lived in St. Louis & were involved in manufacturing or engineering, you worked either for Emerson or McDonald Douglas (now Boeing). Never worked for the kite factory...left Emerson & eventually got into import/export forwarding. Intent is that it's my last job before retirement. Oh, yeah, Cubs SUCK!uzi,

Tennessee

Mountains
Bears
Skunks and politicians
Fishing & hunting
Farming
Moonshine whiskey
NASCAR
Scotch Irish ancestry
Appalachian Trail
Bluegrass music

My Hometown