Other Post Your Personal Favorite Tank

Raven Gold

Mi Corporal
MI.Net Member
Simple, what is your personal favorite tank, any reason, any tank. Witch one catches your eye the most?

For me, its the Israeli Mekirva 4. It simply looks great and it's built around a concept I'm allways atracted to (Crew Survival).

Im with you on this one although the challenger comes a close second (Y)

I never liked the Challenger, especialy not the 2nd model, mainly based on looks. For my 2nd best it's the Leopard 2 A6.

I'd have to say although I'm a huge fan of the German Leopard 2,I really like the latest French tank, the Leclerc MBT. It sports a 1500 hp diesel engine; a 120mm smooth bore gun fed by an automatic loader installed in the turret bustle, that holds 22 rounds of ready-use ammunition, allowing the crew to be reduced to 3 people; is fitted with a computerized day/night fire control system, allowing the main gun, whether at rest or moving, to be laid onto the target with a high first-round hit probability. It's combat weight is 124,300 pounds; it's 32ft 5in long, and 12ft 2in wide. It's protective armor is classified, as it has a very high crew survival rating.solthum

Last edited by a moderator:
My FAVORITE tank? For TYPE that will always be the M60A1 because that's what I crewed. But for a particular vehicle? That would be this little fella right here:

APG Jagdtiger 01.jpg

APG Jagdtiger Hit 01a.jpg

APG Jagdtiger Hit 04.jpg

JAGDTIGER 331. Some of you may have seen him at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. I stood guard duty on him and his friends one night, while I was there for AIT. But what really struck me was the story told by all the HITS it took to get his crew to give up. I think by now the exhibits have all been moved to Ft. Lee, VA. But if you ever get a chance to go see the Ordnance Museum there, take a close look. You'll find 4 or 5 that didn't make it even halfway through that monster's armor and only gave the crew headaches, but one of those 75's went into the gun mantlet and knocked it back out of battery. No way to tell if that was before or after another hit the driver's side final drive, cracked it and knocked the sprocket off. No move, no shoot, all that's left is RUN AWAY. Or wave a handkerchief out the hatch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep it sure could take a beaten as you say.
Way to cumbersome though.
Welcome to Mi.Net @Trebissky

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm not exactly new here, just not in very often. Most times, I'm talking politics elsewhere.