1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Quiz What aircraft is this?

Discussion in 'All other military discussion' started by IronFootedBstrd, May 1, 2006.

1. Just wondering how difficult you guys will find THIS question....

What aircraft?

unnamed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2016
    Bombardier likes this.
  2. TankBuster

TankBuster Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

i can guess that the manufacturer was farman?

3. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

I do believe that they are VICKERS VILDEBEEST

RNZAF_NZ105.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  4. Bundu Basher

Bundu Basher Mi Corporal MI.Net Member

I think you are spot on Bomby!

Always wanted to know whether the famous 'flying coffin' was correctly called a Vildebeest or Wildebeest? :confused:

Any takers? Droney et al?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2006
    Bombardier likes this.
  5. TankBuster

TankBuster Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

It was big and bulky and ugly, so a name like Wildabeast fits pretty well....

6. Nice one Bomb! (not least for finding only the SECOND photo of a Vildebeest I have ever seen on the 'net! The one I posted being the 1st, not that I found it...an aircraft nut friend of mine did).

My Dad was an AC2 Armourer working on these in Singapore (yes, in '41..)

I was pretty sure even a rarity like this wouldnt have you scratching your heads for long!

Bombardier likes this.