1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Question? Vickers Valiant XD 864

Discussion in 'Ask A Question ??' started by Gingie, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Gingie

Gingie Mi Recruit MI.Net Member

Dear All

After joining the forum, I would like to know if anyone has a photograph of Vickers Valiant XD 864.

In short i've researched the crash of the aircraft at RAF Spanhoe on August 12, 1960 at 10:38, just 3 minutes after take off from RAF Wittering killing all crew on board.

I have met some of the crew families and attended the 50th anniversary Memorial Service.

I have read all of the documents on the net but the main thing I would like is a photo of the plane pre crash.

http://zkt.blackfish.org.uk/XD864/index.html

I've contact Cosford, Hendon, Honington, Wittering, BAE Systems, the Air Historical Society, Newark (V Force Reunion) and a few individuals but to no avail.

Please has someone got an image of this aircraft they could share.

Regards and thanks in advance.

Jerry

2. Admin United Kingdom

Admin Administrator Site Admin

@Gingie
    The was the best I could do although I have no idea when it was taken, or where
    valiant XD864.jpg