Always good to see our L118 Light gun in use with the US arty boys :)

A 34th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron B-1B Lancer deployed to the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing prepares to launch a strike mission from Al Udeid AIr Base, Qatar, April 13, in support of the multinational response to Syria's recent use of chemical weapons. Two B-1Bs, deployed to Al Udeid AB from Ellsworth AFB, S.D., employed 19 Joint Air to Surface Standoff Missile-Extended Range (JASSM-ER), marking the first combat employment of the weapon. (U.S. Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Phil Speck)

For HI-RES go here;
34th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron B-1B Lancer
https://www.dvidshub.net/image/4304616/34th-ebs-bone-departs-al-udeid

MEDITERRANEAN SEA (April 15, 2018) MV-22 Osprey's assigned to Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron (VMM) 263, Special-Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force-Crisis Response-Africa, conduct day and night flight operations from the San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock USS New York (LPD 21) on April 15, 2018. The flight deck operations certify the Osprey pilots to land on an LPD in open ocean operations and work with Navy landing support while deployed to U.S. 6th Fleet area of operations. U.S. 6th Fleet, headquartered in Naples, Italy, conducts the full spectrum of joint and naval operations, often in concert with allied and interagency partners, in order to advance U.S. national interests and security and stability in Europe and Africa. (U.S. Marine Corps photos by Cpl. Juan A. Soto-Delgado/Released)

For Hi-res go here;
Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron (VMM) 263
https://www.dvidshub.net/image/4304827/26th-meu-trains-with-spmagtf-aboard-uss-new-york

U.S. Army Soldiers assigned to 1st Battalion 63rd Armor Regiment, 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, conduct training with an M1A2 Abrams tank during Combined Resolve X Live Fire Exercise at Grafenwoehr, Germany, April 19, 2018. The Joint Warfighting Assessment (JWA) helps the Army evaluate emerging concepts, integrate new technologies, and promote interoperability within the Army, with other services, U.S. allies, and other coalition partners. JWA is the only exercise venue assessing 27 concepts and capabilities while aligning with U.S. Army Europe Readiness and other component exercises such as Combined Resolve X and Blue Flag 18 with a focus on a ready, interoperable Joint Force capable of accomplishing the mission and overmatching current and future enemies across the range of military operations. (U.S. Army photos by Spc. Genesis Gomez)

Go here for HI-RES >>> https://www.dvidshub.net/image/4316759/joint-warfighter-assesment

My 9/11 — Gunnery Sgt. Krystofer M. Rivers, 31, Brooklyn, New York by Marines, on Flickr

My 9/11 — Gunnery Sgt. Krystofer M. Rivers, 31, Brooklyn, New York
Growing up, I could see the Manhattan skyline from my room.

Every night, I’d pull the window all the way up and stare out at the skyline until I’d fall asleep. The Twin Towers were the only two buildings you could clearly distinguish. They were my focal point. I could see them from my bed, or when I was outside playing. I would just stare at the Towers for hours on end. Whether I was thinking about what I wanted to be when I grew up, or even when I was just pissed off at the world. They were always there.

On September 11th, I was a junior in high school. From my school you could see all of Manhattan. Someone came in and told the teacher that one of the towers had gotten hit, so naturally we all turned around and looked and we saw all the smoke.

We were just sitting there staring for what felt like three hours, but it was probably about 15 minutes. TVs on cart were getting wheeled into the classrooms, and no one really knows what’s going on. We’re sitting there staring at the skyline, and then, the second plane hits the south tower.

You see it, but it’s not real to you. You don’t really get the gravity of what was happening.

The smoke started falling and all of Manhattan disappeared. Police started locking down schools, public transit, the shuttle. All of the students are starting to go crazy thinking of their family members at home, there’s people running in the hallways. “My dad’s in there, I can’t get in contact with him!”

Everybody knew someone that was in there or worked down the road.

That was the first day I remember hearing Osama Bin Laden’s name.

My father worked in the city, and when he got home, he was just covered in this soot. He had on a blue suit and it was just covered, his face was wiped clear. You could tell he tried to clean himself off.

This haze covered the city for two days. You couldn’t really see the sun.

Being able to do something that could help all of my friends who lost someone or all of my family members, it definitely played a part in my joining the military.

Enjoy your life. Don’t waste any moments with the people you love, because it’s an ugly world out there and we never know when something could happen again. I just woke up and went to school, never thinking that anything was going to happen.

No one ever thinks they’re going to be at ground zero.

(U.S. Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. Dana Beesley)