12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
17.jpeg
18.jpeg
10.jpg
11.jpg

I've been told that this is a custom rifle made by Ukrainian company Kruk based on Savage gear. One off or a limited run, I have no idea.

12.jpg

Northern Falcon 2018

13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

Peacekeeping in Kongo

17.jpeg
18.jpeg

I thought about it too but vehicle on picture got sloped armor from front of veh to the turret and BTR4MV1 don't. I hope asking this question in this topis isn't a problem :)
kMOpaYf.jpg

Ubu66Hn.jpg

I don't have a better theory. I think that BMP-64 project is dead. Ukraine has received a lot of BMP-1S from Eastern Europe, and the money will be spent on upgrading them with new combat modules and perhaps running gear as well. So, there is no budget for manufacturing of the brand new design.

It is interesting. I do not know anything about it, whereas the agreement signed in June 2017 between the Industrial Center of Opticians forming part of Polska Grupa Zbrojeniowa and Ukrinmasz, belonging to the UkrOboronProm concern, concerned the supply of optoelectronic devices for drivers, commanders and gunners to combat vehicles used by Ukraine, in including BWP, BRDM and BTR. Perhaps they were BWP subjected to renovation and equipping with new optical instruments from Poland.

It is interesting. I do not know anything about it, whereas the agreement signed in June 2017 between the Industrial Center of Opticians forming part of Polska Grupa Zbrojeniowa and Ukrinmasz, belonging to the UkrOboronProm concern, concerned the supply of optoelectronic devices for drivers, commanders and gunners to combat vehicles used by Ukraine, in including BWP, BRDM and BTR. Perhaps they were BWP subjected to renovation and equipping with new optical instruments from Poland.

I've re-read the article several times. These are not modified Ukrainian BMPs, these came from Polish stocks, and Ukrainians might perform extra upgrades on them.

I did not come across such information, but it can not be ruled out. In many units, BMP has been replaced by newer "Wolverins".

Here is the short video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Ukrainian media inform about the transfer of the first military party to the local military forces from 200 BMP-1AK infantry fighting vehicles originally acquired by Poland in the Czech Republic. They were renovated by the ŻBZ company from Zhytomyr, part of Ukroboronprom. A lot of 30 tracked vehicles was handed over in 2017. According to "Novye Vremya", the delivered Ukrainian army BMP-1 was originally produced in the 1980s with a license in the Czech Republic. The Polish company Wtórplast bought it from the Czech company Excalibur Army (part of the Czechoslovak Group). According to the magazine, she bought them for the price of scrap - 20-25 thousand. Euro for a 1 BMP. Ukrainian journalists say that Wtórplast dismantled the purchased vehicles, after which it sold ŻBZ a separate turret (USD 66,000) and a chassis (USD 99,000 each). In Zhytomyr, subassemblies were repaired and reassembled. The company valued its work at around 40,000. USD per copy. The Ministry of defense of Ukraine finally buys them after 205 thousand. USD. The total value of the contract amounted to USD 41 million. According to "Novye Vremya", the vehicles are not being modernized. They are handed over to the Ukrainian armed forces in a standard similar to the original one, as BMP-1AK. As the main beneficiary of the transaction, the magazine indicates the head of the committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, a member of the National Front, Serhiy Paszinsky.
Analysts point out that the purchase of old vehicles from the period of the USSR abroad may indicate that their reserves have been exhausted in Ukraine.
The information of the magazine "Novye Vremya" concerning BMP-1AK has been denied by the press service of Ukroboronprom, in particular by questioning the given prices. However, he did not provide what they would be like in real life. He only stated that the profitability of the import transaction was 2%, and the intermediary was Ukrspeceksport. At the same time, the regulations of Ukraine, Poland and the European Union have been preserved. In turn, the profit of ZBZ was to not exceed 1%, i.e. it was on the verge of profitability. According to Ukroboronprom, Wtórplast also denied the information of the magazine, reserving the right legal steps to protect its reputation.

As for me, it is a bit complicated, but rather it can not be described as "delivered by Poland."

Edit: I read it again and I hope that you will not take this statement that I want to argue with You, but I think that someone misinformation about it (maybe there are political reasons for it - regardless of which party is trying to use it)

Last edited:
Analysts point out that the purchase of old vehicles from the period of the USSR abroad may indicate that their reserves have been exhausted in Ukraine.

That assessment seems rather unrealistic, even if we reduce it to just BMP-1s. UA may have lost several hundred BMPs since 2014, but they still have over a thousand of various modifications left according to IISS 2017 which is a reliable source. I doubt there has been any dramatic change since then. Their reserve is the BMP-1, of which there are still a few hundred left. Those are seemingly in the process of being modernized, batch by batch.

Last edited: