A fighter of the Black Team of the International Legion somewhere in Ukraine (probably Bakhmut). February 2023.
1679478532380.png

Soldiers of the 67th Separate Mechanized Brigade "DUK", previously named the Ukrainian Volunteer Corps, with a truck-mounted anti-aircraft gun used near the Bakhmut Front - Donetsk Oblast.
1679650736432.png

1679650748169.png

1679650779197.png

Soldiers from the "28th Mechanized Brigade" of the Ukrainian Army - in the trenches of the Bakhmut Front - Donetsk Oblast.
1679651690428.png
1679651680964.png

1679651700346.png

1679651721631.png

Volunteer soldier, New Zealander Kane Te Tai - with the call sign 'Turtle' was killed in action on the eastern frontlines. A week ago he had rescued a Ukrainian from Russian captivity. He was in Ukraine for almost a year
1679652156288.png

1679652165941.png

On March 13, Kane Te Tai said that he and his fellow soldiers managed to capture Russian positions on the battlefield. Checking the captured positions, he heard a shout: "I am Ukrainian." The New Zealander stopped the other soldiers from throwing a grenade. According to Kane Te Tai, the Ukrainian recognized him and shouted: "New Zealand! New Zealand!"

"I recognised him, it was my friend who I thought was killed by the Russians when they invaded his house. Heavily starved for two months and forced to drink anti freeze for entertainment, he barely looked like the man I knew a couple of months ago. But it was the best thing to happen to me in this God forsaken war. To be able to save your friends is something that almost never happens but I'm thankful and feel blessed that it was us that could pull him from that Hell hole," Kane Te Tai wrote and posted a video of what happened.

Kane Te Tai is the third citizen of New Zealand killed in the war in Ukraine. Dominic Abelen died last August - his body has still not been found. Volunteer Andrew Bagshaw was killed by artillery fire in January while trying to rescue an elderly woman from her home.

Nazar Tsyhan - recently killed in action on the Bakhmut Front. He was (22-years-old), he was married last October, and leaves behind his wife.
1679652380774.png

Polish volunteer soldier in the Ukrainian Army - his name was Paweł Szadzikowski - he has been killed in action on the eastern frontlines in Bakhmut.
1679652461985.png

Im injured. I love you. And kids. Very much. Sorry. Sorry. For everything. Im now... F***. Im shaking. Bitch. Arm is severely injured twice. First time by bullet, second time by shrapnel. Bitch. Around 3 hours im laying here. ork is near me. At least one. I walked on him. Also, idk where is my guys. (indistiguishable). I love you.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Wounded Ukrainian soldiers near the enemy position after the assault. He says that he has been there for 2 days, he has a wound in his arm and chest. He tells his family that he loves them very much. He was rescued, he is alive, everything is fine with him.

A National Guard soldier with a FIM-92 Stinger D/E man-portable air defence system and a ZU-23-2 on an MT-LBVM lightly armoured tractor.
1679903562498.png

3rd Separate Assault Brigade in trenches at Bakhmut
1679903744437.png

Volunteer soldier, New Zealander Kane Te Tai - with the call sign 'Turtle' was killed in action on the eastern frontlines. A week ago he had rescued a Ukrainian from Russian captivity. He was in Ukraine for almost a year

Kane was one of the founders of the NZ Veteran's support association No Duff along with someone people might remember from MP.net and TheMess Ngati.

RIP Kane.

Last edited: