1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

Article UH-1 Armament - part 1

Discussion in 'Vietnam War' started by rotorwash, Dec 12, 2011.

1. rotorwash United States

rotorwash Sergeant Major MI.Net Member

Regards to post #14, This is a B model and I think it is a Warlord from the 123rd CAB, Americal Division.

Bombardier likes this.
  2. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Thanks RW, how are you doing mate, not seen you around for a while..
    (Y)

3. John A Silkstone United Kingdom

John A Silkstone Mi General MI.Net Member

Hi RW nice to see you on site again mate.

Silky

4. rotorwash United States

rotorwash Sergeant Major MI.Net Member

Pic #17 is the B Model with the TOW system that was under evaluation for use on Cobras. I think there were three equipped like this. During the Easter invasion in 1972, they were loaded up and shipped to Pleiku where they stopped an armored invasion cold.

Pic #18, the Air Force mounted a minigun in the doors, my cousin flew one. I told him it was the best weapon the AF had, getting the main armament out of the hands of the pilots.

I've been doing well guys, thanks for asking. I completed a chronological account of the evacuation of Kham Duc that I posted on another site, and from that I was asked to do research for a book being written on the same subject. We left North Carolina and now live in Pennsylvania from the spring until Jan when we go to Charleston, South Carolina until it gets hot and humid. We have kids and grandkids in both places.

Bombardier likes this.
  5. gunpilot

gunpilot Mi Recruit MI.Net Member

For those who are interested, Current restorations and configurations underway at the Army Aviation Museum are the Following:
    Full restoration of the XH-40 (Prototype Huey), Restoration of AH-1G Cobra, F model Cobra, C model Huey Gunship w/XM-21 system, and plans to do a M model Huey Hog.

Bombardier likes this.
  6. Bombardier

Thanks for the information gunpilot (Y)

7. Admin United Kingdom

Admin Administrator Staff Member Site Admin

It seems in the change over to our new site we have lost some of your pictures from parts of this article?
    If you are ever back here @rotorwash i would love to see them back in the thread

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
  8. Bombardier

I have found another example of RW's post and the images to that post were via Photofuckit I used the image url and managed to recover some of the photos but as you would expect form Photofuckit that didnt work every time. At least some have been recovered for now, I will attempt it again another day.

Why PB make things so hard for people I have no idea :).