Movie / TV TV-Shows/Series you are currently watching

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I'm watching Star Trek Deep Space Nine on Netflix, I'm from the 80's broadcast era of The Original Series and The New Generation, so I'm "updating" on one of my favorite series

Black Mirror S6.

Not bad, but not great either and definitely not as good as the previous seasons.

The episodes are nicely made in general, some have pretty good and interesting ideas but nothing as unsettling/surprising as displayed in the past.
Some episodes stand out more than others without any clear outlier standing above the rest.

But considering that season is rather short, it remains entertaining and, all in all, alright.

Because I am years behind people with better taste than I, have started watching Barry S1. Liking it.

Watched this recently, very good, if sad watch having been deployed to Afghanistan numerous times in the last 20 years....

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/evacuation

Prolly require a VPN for non-UK peeps.
Wasn't aware of this so will give it a run. The husband of a friend - who's a shift manager at my local pub - was there in one of the Airborne engineer units with the Paras. She just worked all the hours she could to take her mind off it - f**king awful.

Awesome show, Gaz. I think about getting an MCRN ball cap now and then. I am saving the last season for this winter.

Wasn't aware of this so will give it a run. The husband of a friend - who's a shift manager at my local pub - was there in one of the Airborne engineer units with the Paras. She just worked all the hours she could to take her mind off it - f**king awful.

It's worth watching for sure. My biggest regret since leaving is I'll never get to take part in things like that again.

Silo.

It was promising but turned out rather generic and, somehow, mediocre.
The premise is really interesting, curious and engaging that goes beyond the overused tropes coming with "people in a bunker", "people ending in some place they don't know", etc... kind of à-la Lost and such.

There was a great opportunity to work on world building, but it turned out to be a, yet another, show centered around a character that evolves through the episodes. The show goes from being about the "Silo" to "whatever the name of the character is".

It feels a bit pointless.

Silo.

It was promising but turned out rather generic and, somehow, mediocre.
The premise is really interesting, curious and engaging that goes beyond the overused tropes coming with "people in a bunker", "people ending in some place they don't know", etc... kind of à-la Lost and such.

There was a great opportunity to work on world building, but it turned out to be a, yet another, show centered around a character that evolves through the episodes. The show goes from being about the "Silo" to "whatever the name of the character is".

It feels a bit pointless.
Felt exactly the same

Loved the 1st episode and the mistery about what is outside the silo but then it moves to a completly diferent storyline, really disapointing

Currently (re)watching Curb Your Enthusiasm. I sometimes wonder if Larry David and I were separated at birth.

Just finished the latest (final) season of Jack Ryan. I dunno...this season, I thought it was mostly...silly. Preposterous circumstances and nonsensical action. This is Clancy's legacy? And we were supposed to give a sh*t about whether this lady gets confirmed as the new head of the CIA? He has so few lines...Krasinski probably filmed his entire commitment to the season in a week.

I'm halfway through the 2nd season of From. Still on the fence at this point. It's teetering on the edge of edge of interesting vs stupid/woke nonsense. Don't know if I'll make it to the end of the season.

I was thinking it might be interesting to start a thread about what series people binged end-to-end during Covid. My major accomplishment was getting through all 1225 episodes of the original Dark Shadows. When I was a kid, I remembered watching it, and we had the board game. Re-watching all of it required a commitment akin to training for an Ironman competition. But so insanely human and analog and awesomely stupid and great. Microphone constantly in the shot. Flubbed lines. Overacting that puts the Disney Channel to shame. Crew members in the shot. When I finsihed, they sent me a smoking jacket and a crystal decanter of Cognac.

Felt exactly the same

Loved the 1st episode and the mistery about what is outside the silo but then it moves to a completly diferent storyline, really disapointing
its based on a very well known book, which its following fairly closely.

There are several levels to peel, and series 1 ended about 50% through book 1.

Unfortunately some items are not explained, at least so far, such as engineering made her a much better suit than the other cleaners got. Hence she survived longer......

Seasons 6+ of the Venture Brothers. For some reason I stopped after S5 and never returned, but now I feel the need for more.

From season 2 starts in UK this week, I loved the first series. Scary.

Watched this recently, very good, if sad watch having been deployed to Afghanistan numerous times in the last 20 years....

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/evacuation

Prolly require a VPN for non-UK peeps.
Watched all three parts tonight - heartbreaking.

All three parts are on youtube.

Corleone ..

Some scenes aren't included which are on the DVD release . But still worth watching .. No english subtitles .

It's nothing like the Sopranos ..

Great effects. Great music.
These two last episodes have been something and this series was of bittersweet taste to me for almost not following anything on the books. But i had to recognize that this end of season 2 has been amazing. Can't wait for the final episode. And Lee Pace, what an actor. 🙏