131934741_41n.jpg

6315741982_59497a1c87_b.jpg

1.jpg

2a.jpg

2b.jpg

opmvm0.jpg

6315758232_c7fd1f746b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. It's nice to see photos of the armed forces of those former Soviet states 20 years after the breakup of the USSR. Didn't know that Turkmenistan also uses the Tavor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. It's nice to see photos of the armed forces of those former Soviet states 20 years after the breakup of the USSR. Didn't know that Turkmenistan also uses the Tavor.

Israel is a "safe heaven" for most of the ex-Soviet states that mostly located in Central Asia and Caucasus to provide Non-Russian type weapons since most of the western states are having concerns to supply complex weapon systems to this countries due to various reasons and Israeli weapons are relatively cheaper than the other NATO type counterparts . Yet apart from the Russia, Turkmenistan is preffering Chinese and Turkish suppliers for their major defense imports. Also they have bought weapons countries like Italy and Belarus. I have heard that they have choosen Beretta ARX-160 to change their AK type rifles that currently in standard use. But we have to wait to see if it's true or not...

Excellent photo's guys, great to know about these smaller nations and their militaries. Well done! (Y)

Wow. Not bad at all in terms of equipment shown. Mostly new Chinese stuff I see.

Wow. Not bad at all in terms of equipment shown. Mostly new Chinese stuff I see.

Well the plate carriers made with polyester mesh are local clones of a Turkish producer called ANAFARTA as far as I know, as well as the aselsan A100 monocular night vision googles with Wilcox mounts. But the rest of them are probably Chinese origin. Also I spot a MKEK 40mm revolving grenade launcher (Turkish version of Milkor MGL) ...

And notice the few wearing 5.11 tactical plate carriers but these are probably also Chinese copies...