Quick question. Does Turkey plan to replace Russian vehicles for this system with its own?

I am also wondering this. For the URAL 6x6 and BAZ-64022 6x6 trucks we have our own equivalents. Probably the decion makers have not thought on it but when it comes to maintenance, air force would probably want to replace them with the domestic ones. So we will see...

How are you taking in the threat oc CAATSA from the US? The Philippine ATAK deal fell through because of this, from what I hear

How are you taking in the threat oc CAATSA from the US? The Philippine ATAK deal fell through because of this, from what I hear

It's also too soon to discuss that. For the upcoming US embargo we still do not know what the context will be about. There are so many ongoing deals between Turkish and American companies regarding military and heavy tech equipment. Eventhough taking the F-35 JSF procurement and production in Turkey out of the balance, the joint produtcion of the Sikorsky T-70 utility helicopter for the armed forces and Boeing 787 Dreamliner orders for Turkish Airlines are still on the table (the value of these around 30 Billion USD). It's just a prediction but I think the S-400 systems will not be activated for a while to take some tima and room for maneuver in international level. As the most interesting fact currently our guys are discussing for PAC-3 with the US officials...

For the Philippine order on T-129 there is nothing solid yet. But as far as I know the 30 helicopters which have ordered by Pakistan is in perfrect production order without any problem...

I noticed your national flag has changed in your profile @Junglejim , is it consequence of your trip to Spain?
Wherever you currently are when you post, it will put the appropriate national flag mate, that way we can keep tabs on the members......Big Brother is watching ,-aus

Wherever you currently are when you post, it will put the appropriate national flag mate, that way we can keep tabs on the members......Big Brother is watching ,-aus

I knew that @Junglejim was going to do a trip to Spain, where some of his ancestors came from, and I thought that possibility @BravoZulu , thanks.

Yeah it was French last week. But might as well, I did a tapas tour last night and the tour guide thought I was in the wrong tour as it was for foreigners lol

The operation, which was initiated within the framework of the “Paw-2 Operation Plan kuzeyinde in the northern part of Iraq and attended by our Commando Brigades, continues successfully as planned. Terrorist organization PKK targets were fired by our land support vehicles.

Turkish army destroys an obsolete AN/FPS-79 radar dome with an ATGM. The radar installation had been decommissioned by Turkey

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Turkish army destroys an obsolete AN/FPS-79 radar dome with an ATGM. The radar installation had been decommissioned by Turkey
Hello BravoZulu, I'm not sure what happened in reality but link provided indicates that it was the Kurds who destroyed the dome ...

That case was happened in Gürvil district of Şırnak region and the radar dome was near the Turkish-Iraq borderline. And ATGM was fired by PKK..

Hello BravoZulu, I'm not sure what happened in reality but link provided indicates that it was the Kurds who destroyed the dome ...

Sorry for being political but as a highly fragmented nation of the region not all of the Kurds support PKK, they were even adversaries of the Iraqi Kurdistan and Peshmerga due to their political differences and being known as a terrorist organization aimed civilian targets and villages, before all of the ISIS S**t started. So In my humble opition generalizing them as "Kurds" are highly disgracing to rest who did not involved any of the violance acitvities.

I know, without the knowledge of the components and fragile power dynamics of the region the western media is trying to promote them as the "freedom fighters" of an oppressed nation but things are much more complicated than that...

That case was happened in Gürvil district of Şırnak region and the radar dome was near the Turkish-Iraq borderline. And ATGM was fired by PKK..

Sorry for being political but as a highly fragmented nation of the region not all of the Kurds support PKK, they were even adversaries of the Iraqi Kurdistan and Peshmerga due to their political differences and being known as a terrorist organization aimed civilian targets and villages, before all of the ISIS S**t started. So In my humble opition generalizing them as "Kurds" are highly disgracing to rest who did not involved any of the violance acitvities.

I know, without the knowledge of the components and fragile power dynamics of the region the western media is trying to promote them as the "freedom fighters" of an oppressed nation but things are much more complicated than that...
No political behaviour in my comments, just a traduction of the text...which is worth what it is worth. Sorry if it was misinterpreted.

Thanks for the clarification @archangelski , the site I got it from stated it was destroyed by the Turks themselves taking the opportunity to destroy an obsolete radar with an ATGM. I checked the translation and you are correct, it states a Kurdish strike.

Photos of a army border trooper who are on duty together with his Gendarmerie father at the Çığlı Border Control Station in Şırnak region near Turkey-Iraq borderline.

20190718-2-37399706-46176058-web-Nib7 (1).jpg

2019_Temmuz_omuzomuza3.jpg

20190718-2-37399706-46176039-web-apwa.jpg

20190718-2-37399706-46176046-web-oMKC.jpg

20190718-2-37399706-46176063-web-kOnp.jpg

2019_Temmuz_omuzomuza.jpg

Turkish Navy elements during NATO Sea Breeze-2019 exercise over Blacksea

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Kosovo Security Force soldiers during their mountaineer trainings in Turkey