The Mystical Golfswing

Retroliser

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
Ahoy, everyone!

Apologies for poking my head in, but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of something that is giving me a great deal of frustration. Specifically, it is a variant of the British Swingfire Anti-Tank guided Missile, referred to as "Golfswing". I have been looking for an image of this mystical variant for sometime, because my attempts are frustrated by search engines assuming that I really meant "golf swing" and attempt to show me images of golfers and golf bags.

As many, or perhaps all of you, already know, Swingfire came in a variety of forms. The primary models were the FV430 series missile carrier called FV438 Swingfire, the CVR(T) family variant, the FV102 Striker, and the big wheel Daimler Ferret Mk. V. Other forms were Hawkswing, which attached the missile to helicopters, Beeswing, which was a palette of around 4 missiles that could be loaded onto a light vehicle, such as the Land Rover or a Bedford lorry.

However, the one that I am interested in is "Golfswing". With what little was said about it indicating that it was a manhandled "trolley-based" platform, I looked for what appeared to be precisely that and came across this image:
Golfswing.png

It looked like it matched the description. However, I've recently found out that this is actually Beeswing, or a specific model of it called Infantry Swingfire or InSwing. Those more in the know described Golfswing as being akin to a "golfer's trolley" for a single Swingfire missile. However, try as I might, I just can't find a single image of it. Thus, I am asking if anyone has ever seen an image of the mystical Golfswing, or where I would likely find one.

Best wishes,
Retroliser

From what I've been able to find Golfswing was only ever an informal designation for a prototype two wheeled trolley intended to carry one or two missiles which makes finding any info very difficult. Egypt may have bought some, but even this is unclear. The (side-)project seems to have been cancelled in 1964.

I would assume that the mount would be derived from the 2 or 4 launcher Beeswing.

Back