Other Post The Mess Dot Net

Pretorian

Mi Sergeant
MI.Net Member
The website that replaced MP.Net has gone?, what has happened to it ?
Anybody any ideas?

Strange looks like the domain name has expired, how could they let that happen unless they were finished?

www.themess.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes just had a look you are right but I have no idea what is going on there.

Hmmmm interesting! I hope they have not just bailed on all their members like they did with MP Net

Hmmmm interesting! I hope they have not just bailed on all their members like they did with MP Net

Well I wouldn't say that they "bailed on all their members", they ensured that an alternative site was established before they closed the doors.

Getting this when visiting the site now

Untitled.jpg

Weird just looked on my mobile and the site is fine, not on Chrome though
Maybe need to clear my cookies?

Guys I use chrome and can see the mess just fine. Not interested in browsing through..

We have a mess net member on our books and he has confirmed they had a small problem and the site was down for a while all seems fine as of about 9:00pm GMT last night

Last edited:
The Mess. Net has been down for over a week now, anybody know whats happening?
this is what I get when I visit

I heard they hadn't renewed their domain name and the screenshot seems to confirm that. If it's folded I'm sorry to see another military site disappear

I was a member there. I don't think I ever made more than 10 post. Well..things happen. I wonder if some of the members will migrate to militaryimages.net???

Agreed mate too many military sites folding for various reasons, hopefully we will not fall foul of the pressures of independent site ownership. Things are looking good so far :)

Last edited:
I was a member there. I don't think I ever made more than 10 post. Well..things happen. I wonder if some of the members will migrate to militaryimages.net???

They would be very welcome buddy, but rules is rules and they will have to fall inline :)

They are back online again but have now stated they will close down at the end of the month

In most cases when a website does not pay the bills webmasters struggle to keep things going. In the case of Mi.Net I created it because of my own interests and never saw it as a money making venture, rather a hobby so I always knew I would have to fund it in the main aside from a few contributions and other obvious revenue. For anybody considering joining us we are here to stay unless the man decides to shut us down.

Hopefully some of the members from the Mess.Net will see fit to join us, living by our rules and courtesy to all members.

As I did with The After Action Review Board and in order to give their members some form of prior identity I will create a banner to affix to each of their members profiles.

Last edited:
Agreed mate too many military sites folding for various reasons, hopefully we will not fall foul of the pressures of independent site ownership. Things are looking good so far :)

I don't think it's necessarily military sites only
. A lot of forums have struggled over the last five years or so as people get dragged into the spectre of Facebook / Twitter / Instagram and the rest . Not for me to be honest but it is becoming harder for smaller independent media outlets such as forums to thrive .

I don't think it's necessarily military sites only
. A lot of forums have struggled over the last five years or so as people get dragged into the spectre of Facebook / Twitter / Instagram and the rest . Not for me to be honest but it is becoming harder for smaller independent media outlets such as forums to thrive .

Very true mate, lets see if we can turn the tide :)

I'm a long standing member, since August 2005(28,636 post), of sinodefenceforum.com...I was the head moderator for seven years. So I gave that up on NOV 1st 2014. Just too much contention for me. And right now they have only two active mods..not good.. I've been ask to return as moderator but turned that down...I'm also a member of skyscrapercity.com(9,786 post) since 2010. the largest forum online. they have many subjects that are discussed and it is in many, many different languages.

And.. once again, mostly, I just post pictures!

Personally, I had an awful experience at the Mess. I hope that the Russian trolls won't migrate here. There was particular user over there who was posting under "Thecowboydaughter" handle or something similar. OMG, the content of her anti-Ukrainian and pro-Russian posts was extreme (to put it mildly) even by the Russian troll factory standards.

Personally, I had an awful experience at the Mess. I hope that the Russian trolls won't migrate here. There was particular user over there who was posting under "Thecowboydaughter" handle or something similar. OMG, the content of her anti-Ukrainian and pro-Russian posts was extreme (to put it mildly) even by the Russian troll factory standards.

If they do and they do not follow the rules, they will be dealt with like any other member. There have to be rules or things go south very quickly.
If any member wants to take part in flame wars they can go elsewhere, this is not the place for that.

Back