Book The Fight For Iraq

• Thread starter HighlandSniper58
  • Start date
H

HighlandSniper58

IRAQDustjacket.jpg

My copy of The Fight For Iraq - The British Army's role in liberating a nation. arrived today.

I have to say initial impressions of this book were good, and now having had a chance to thumb through this largely pictorial volume, I am not disappointed.

Profusely illustrated with photographs by official military photographers it contains a mixture of well known photographs plus many that I have never seen before - a superb source of reference material for the GW2 modeller. Containing 152 pages, this harback volume is well worth the £14.99 + £3.45 P&P. It can be ordered direct from THe Army Benevolant Fund on http://www.armybenfund.org/iraqbook.htm

The Fight For Iraq.
Pub by The Army Benevolant Fund, March 2004
£14.99
ISBN 0-9518229-2-6

Looks like Ill be getting a copy of that. Cheers mate :D

There is also a similar volume on the Royal Navy and Royal Marines operations out in the Sandbox. Again officially published, but not quite of a par with this one.

Highlandsniper58 and Bombadier

Dear both,
delighted to stumble across your comments when googling The Fight for Iraq.

As the editor and a contributing phot I have joined Military images in order to be able to respond to your posts.

Thank you indeed for giving the work the thumbs up - especially as you place it above the RN book which though an excellent memento, I agree was definitely in second place..... sadly no offering from the Royal Air Force, though I do know a man who worked valiantly to try to get one going....

The Fight for Iraq was produced at no cost to the ABF (Gawd bless Doug Badenoch of the now defunct Butler and Tanner) and though sadly the ABF never saw it's true earning potential it did bring them a reasonable return for no investment!

The aim was to put the untold story in the hands of mums, dads, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and those that never get told how it was for those that were there................ and from what little feedback I have had it has been received well by it's intended audience.......

All best
A

I enjoyed it mate well done (Y)