1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

Mil News Terrorists Attack London

Discussion in 'Military News articles' started by Bombardier, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

London attack: Six dead after van rampage and stabbings as three terrorists killed

And yet another terrorist attack in London

• Six people killed in van and stabbings attack
    • Attack lasted eight minutes
    • Three attackers wearing hoax explosive vests shot dead
    • 'I saw a man with a large blade': witnesses describe attack
    • Londoners offer shelter and rides to help those caught up in attacks
    • Donald Trump tells London 'we are with you' after terror attack
    • Who are the suspects behind the London terrorist attack
    • London terror attacks: everything we know
    • 'They shouted 'this is is for Allah' - How the London terror attack unfolded

Read More
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...dead-van-rampage-stabbings-terrorists-killed/

Our condolences to all the families and victims of this attack

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    BravoZulu and Charlie-G like this.
  2. Bombardier

A Cobra meeting will be held in a matter of hours

Cabinet Office Briefing Rooms (COBR, often referred to as COBRA) are the locations for a type of crisis response committee set up to co-ordinate the actions of bodies within the Government of the United Kingdom in response to instances of national or regional crisis, or during events abroad with major implications for the UK. The composition of a COBR meeting depends on the nature of the incident but it is usually chaired by the Prime Minister or another senior minister, with other key ministers as appropriate, and representatives of relevant external organisations such as the Association of Chief Police Officers and the Local Government Association.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_Office_Briefing_Room

3. Bombardier

I am pleased to announce that the three attackers were shot dead and sent to Hell where they belong. mil-smile06

4. Charlie-G United Kingdom

Charlie-G Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

Murderous vermin

My thoughts are with all the victims and families

BravoZulu likes this.
  5. NebrHogger United States

NebrHogger Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

More attacks on innocent people? I have said a prayer for those involved. As for the answer, I'm largely at a loss. But mass deportations to Syria would be a good start.

Terrorism and terrorists are a disease that needs to be eradicated from the planet!! :mad: SW

Bombardier likes this.
  6. Bombardier

All true brother

7. Keith furlong United Kingdom

Keith furlong Mi Private MI.Net Member

What's everyone's view on this as a deterrent. There are hundreds of thousands of veterans in this grate country of ours. Would any of you put your hand up if the offer was made to give small arms to veterans. This would put a armed response within every city, town, village, event etc. Just putting it out there as to what you guys think.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    BravoZulu and Bombardier like this.
  8. Bombardier

The idea is a good one mate but the work, aside from the cost would be huge to achieve this. Also the training to use small arms in civi street would be time consuming and costly.
    There is also the problem of security, we don't want firearms being stolen from our veterans and then being turned on us all

BravoZulu likes this.
  9. Keith furlong United Kingdom

Keith furlong Mi Private MI.Net Member

It depends on how these weapons are managed. Also, who is licensed to use them. Its worth a thought, even if its just elite forces such as SAS, SBS, MI5, The royal marines, or the Para's, or even the guard regiments. There's enough skilled vets out there. Its an untapped pool of experience that gets overlooked far to often in all sides of society.

10. NebrHogger United States

How about automatic deportation for anyone even remotely tied to a terrorist act? They want to kill people, send 'em to Syria. One side or the other will have vacancies.

I am very grateful for my license to carry a concealed handgun. In the next state over, (Wyoming) a license isn't even needed to carry a handgun concealed. Terrorists are cowards at heart and will always first attack targets that can't fight back. In Texas a few years ago, some demented moslem meant to carry out an attack at a gun show. He was dead within seconds, shot by people legally carrying handguns. As well as I know, there have been no further similar incidents since then in Texas.

It's very unfortunate so many governments can't grasp the concept that free men should be able to defend their homes and families. SW

11. Bombardier

@NebrHogger the USA has had guns in its culture for a long time, imagine giving a load of people here a gun license, would be like giving a kid free reign in a sweet shop. I suppose if it ever happened it would need to be done in stages although I'm still not sure it would work.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see it happen though, just cautious I guess

BravoZulu likes this.
  12. NebrHogger United States

To get a CCW license here, a background check is done on all applicants. A course on applicable laws and what constitutes a response to deadly force is required as is a range session to ensure applicants are in fact able to handle a handgun. It is firmly established the only cause for drawing your gun is in response to a mortal threat; i.e. to save a life.

Nebraska has a provision that if you have been convicted of drunk driving in the past 10 years, you are not eligible for a license. Neither are people who have had any kind of domestic violence conviction. Any sort of gun violation will also deny people a license - things like poaching or other game law violations such as shooting a squirrel in your back yard. ( I'm at peace with the local tree rats - they remind me too much of my brother ;) )

I don't necessarily agree with the Wyoming law that no license is required, but it's their law, and I don't live there.

Long story short, responsible people far outnumber lunatics who can be identified and eliminated from consideration for a concealed handgun license.

These trying times call for exceptional measures. SW

Keith furlong and Bombardier like this.
  13. Bombardier

14. NebrHogger United States

I just heard there was an incident at a mosque in London today in which a vehicle rammed pedestrians. We're not getting many details here - what's the straight story? SW

15. BravoZulu Australia

BravoZulu Mi Staff Sergeant MI.Net Member

Pedestrians struck by van in London
    Authorities in the UK have confirmed at least one person has died after a van collided with worshippers near a mosque in north London.
    The Metropolitan Police say they are dealing with a 'major incident' as a result of the collision in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park.
    Authorities have also confirmed the incident is being investigated as a possible terrorist attack.
    A Sky News producer at the scene says the incident happened as worshippers were leaving the Finsbury Park Mosque at midnight Ramadan prayers.

More news here: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-..._SKY_van-strikes-pedestrians-in-london_190617

16. Bombardier

Still waiting for confirmation that this was a Terrorist attack but it looks likely.

BravoZulu likes this.