Photos Tatamawdow - Myanmar Armed Forces

Yes, it's an old problem, but look what the United States did in just two centuries. It's nothing impossible, but the focus of Russian leadership has always been to maintain centralised power and seats, survive by antagonizing Western ambitions ( which may or may not be good ) at the cost of anyone and anything that doesn't align with Russia's interests. Realy nobody wants Russia's destruction. A destabilised Russia is even greater a concern to the US than to Russia itself.

It is the fools road to demand the return of what isn't supposed to belong to you in the first place. Crying after "lost lands" and greatness is exactly the problematic political approach that causes so much conflict between Russia and its neighbours. It won't happen. Any such rhetoric is base aggression. Leave such ambitions be and focus entirely on what you have and improve, and not at the expense of other countries. Something Russia should have been doing for decades. Literaly none of the useless saber rattling has achieved anything for Russia. Russia had all the military might but where did it lead to ? Where is Russia right now ? put that into perspective for a moment and think about how much more Russia would have gained if it built on partnership, friendship, cooperation and alliances like the United States, especialy with such massive resources. Instead Russia is feared and despised by many countries and most of its neighbours. You must be smart with your ambitions not just blunt.

But how much have you seen of it ? no offense diman but I take the word of many people I've spoken to who spent most or a good portion of their lives in the Soviet Union from the 30-40s on and withnessed all the changes over the decades over the perception and perspective of just one or two persons who are probably much younger ( sorry if I assume to much ).

Sorry again, for oftp, this is my last.
What offenses, you have the opinion and you have the right to it
The most part of the life I have lived in the USSR inside
also I saw her many sides from within,
it seems to me that my circle of contacts with people who then lived slightly more widely than yours I even had honor to communicate with the people living at the tsar,
99% considered that the USSR was better, those who didn't live at this time have other idea of life in the USSR
people the having power and money, in recent years the USSR began to have her in 1000 times more
and ordinary people became many times poorer
alas
existence of goods from the West doesn't speak about an opportunity to buy them
if there are any questions of life in the empire of evil always is glad to answer them

What offenses, you have the opinion and you have the right to it
The most part of the life I have lived in the USSR inside
also I saw her many sides from within,
it seems to me that my circle of contacts with people who then lived slightly more widely than yours I even had honor to communicate with the people living at the tsar,
99% considered that the USSR was better, those who didn't live at this time have other idea of life in the USSR
people the having power and money, in recent years the USSR began to have her in 1000 times more
and ordinary people became many times poorer
alas
existence of goods from the West doesn't speak about an opportunity to buy them
if there are any questions of life in the empire of evil always is glad to answer them

Fair enough, I believe you. I also believe that when you say the situation back than was better than it is now because I hear that very often from my relatives but 99% seems la little stretched. Like always new situation brings new opportunities for a lot of people, even in Chaos. Especialy during radical change.

My point however was that I hear that only from ppl who stayed back or returned to their homes / respective birth places like Georgia, Ukraine, Russia etc. People who moved to Germany, Europe, US etc are more often happy to have left. Most of those people don't look back or after USSr times. Yes sometimes they miss it because it was still humanly different of course, more warmth etc, but living standarts were still always better in the "West" both during Soviet era and now and that simply accomodates people.

I am realy not a great keeper of my word here huh ? ^^
My apologies for sparking a discussion in the first place.

Maybe we should realy limit this to PM and political threads.

Last edited:
Too many articles not enough images.

The discussion about Rohingya matter should have their own thread in other section.

lpd.jpg

lct.jpg

Myanmar amphibious capability.

Interesting are the lcu, are they local or are they made in China?

Kyan Sittha-class frigate,UMS Kyansittha, a domestically produced ship built by the Myanmar Naval Dockyard, finished in 2012 and commissioned in 31st March 2014. It's named after the king Kyansittha, of the Pagan Dynasty. It's sister ship, the Sin Pyushin, is named after a king from the Konbaung Dynasty. It's expected to have 5 ships in total.
Most of its technology derives from China, Russia and India. It carries 1 helicopter, either the Karbin Z-9 or the Ka-27. It's displacement is 3000 tonnes, with a complement of 300 men.
It's main armament is the C-802 Anti-Ship Missile. It has 6 turret-mounted Iglas, 1 76mm cannon, 3 NG-18 CIWS, some ASW torpedoes and a few rocket launchers.
wl46fh748v441.jpg

It carries 1 helicopter, either the Karbin Z-9 or the Ka-27.

Myanmar navy does not have either of those helicopters. They only have eurocopter dauphin and the ones they have are only worthy of transport and maybe a little SAR if they stretch those machines enough.

It has 6 turret-mounted Iglas
Shame that a navy of a nation that size still does not have an actual sam system on any of its ships, but still keeps on glorifying their "mighty" turret mounted manpads.

C-802 Anti-Ship Missile

Which is an old version. The C-802 used by Myanmar navy has a range of 120km while the more advanced C-802A used by Bangladesh navy counterparts have a range of 180km.
The upgraded C802A missile used by Bangladesh navy is a subsonic, low-altitide sea-skimmer, featuring way point planning, on-off-on radar operation and multiple target selection. It can be used against both maritime and ground targets.
All of these capabilities are not available in the C-802 used by Myanmar navy.

Myanmar navy does not have either of those helicopters. They only have eurocopter dauphin and the ones they have are only worthy of transport and maybe a little SAR if they stretch those machines enough.

Shame that a navy of a nation that size still does not have an actual sam system on any of its ships, but still keeps on glorifying their "mighty" turret mounted manpads.

Which is an old version. The C-802 used by Myanmar navy has a range of 120km while the more advanced C-802A used by Bangladesh navy counterparts have a range of 180km.
The upgraded C802A missile used by Bangladesh navy is a subsonic, low-altitide sea-skimmer, featuring way point planning, on-off-on radar operation and multiple target selection. It can be used against both maritime and ground targets.
All of these capabilities are not available in the C-802 used by Myanmar navy.
Mate, nowhere in the post does it mention the "mighty" Igla's or that it is equipped with an inferior version of the C802 against Bangla's C802A.
The thread title is "Warships of all nations", I am not here to make comparisons, that is what the "News" or "Country" threads are for. Just enjoy the image for what it is (Y)

"mighty" Igla's

Or that is what the myanmarnese people from other forums call it

The thread title is "Warships of all nations", I am not here to make comparisons, that is what the "News" or "Country" threads are for. Just enjoy the image for what it is

I'm sure you have made a mistake, this is the myanmar armed forces thread

Or that is what the myanmarnese people from other forums call it

I'm sure you have made a mistake, this is the myanmar armed forces thread
My mistake mate, my bad ;) .....but my point is still valid

kilo-class-submarine.jpg

India "donated" a Project 877 Kilo class submarine to Myanmar Navy.
Nevertheless, it lacks modern and critical components like air independent propulsion (AIP) system which is essential for submarine’s longer submergence and much stealthier operations.

german support myanmar?

No, the only major powers who support myanmar are China, Russia, North Korea, Israel, India and sometimes Pakistan.
The US, EU and rest of the world does not.

These guns were probably purchased from another second state who had it or captured from the rebels or from the blackmarket due to the arms embargo which lifted around 2011.