1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Scene from a movie?

Discussion in 'World war one' started by NebrHogger, Feb 28, 2018.

1. NebrHogger United States

NebrHogger Mi Staff Sergeant MI.Net Member

I saw this pic on another site with no caption. Both men carry what very much appears to be M91/24 Italian Carcanos... which are not consistent with the helmets and other uniform gear. Since the M91/24 wasn't adopted until 1924, that pretty much eliminates a WW1 scene. The front soldier also carries what appears to be an Italian fighting knife beside his bajonet. Could this be a scene from a movie?

0000.pic1.2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2018
    Bombardier likes this.
  2. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

NebrHogger likes this.
  3. Bombardier

4. NebrHogger United States

Okay! The rifles must have gone through an Austrian army repair depot. The bolts are not correct for this type. That and I didn't ID the rear sights right.

Bombardier likes this.
  5. NebrHogger United States

I STILL didn't get it right! :( Those are Steyr (or Budapest) M.95 rifles. I've no excuse for that since I have several of each 3 steps from where I sit typing. :confused: Might be time for a carbonated beverage and get off the internet for a bit! :eek::D

Bombardier and BravoZulu like this.
  6. Bombardier

I get like that too buddy mil-smile04mil-smile02

NebrHogger likes this.