1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Saturday, January 16, at 6:30 PM

Discussion in 'Military TV & film' started by Capt. Cheatham, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Capt. Cheatham

Capt. Cheatham Mi Private MI.Net Member

Please pass this around to anyone who might be interested. My documentary thesis for my recent Master’s in Media Studies will air on the City University of New York’s Cable Channel, CUNY-TV, on Saturday, January 16, at 6:30 PM. Entitled The Sinking of USS Princeton, it is the story of six survivors of a little-known battle to save the last American fleet carrier sunk in World War II. It runs 30 minutes. Special thanks to Tansal Arnas, cinematographer, who traveled with me around the Caribbean and across the US, and Terry Meyers, my wife and editor, to whom I owe everything, especially my undying love. And also my parents and brother helped too! It was really a family affair.

In related news, the Independence Seaport Museum in Philadelphia, PA has endorsed the project, and will screen the completed series for their patrons. Their letter of support will help raise funds to finish editing. I received word today that the “letter is in the mail.”

More information about USS Princeton will be found at http://www.ninesisters.com/

Thanks,
    Jason

The Sinking of USS Princeton on Brooklyn College Presents
    Saturday, January 16, 2009, 6:30 PM
    Cablevision Channel 75
    Time-Warner Channel 75
    RCN 24, 106 or 108 (check local listings)

ship;

2. Drone_pilot United Kingdom

Drone_pilot Mi Major General MI.Net Member

bugger i'm in the U.K. do you think this will go international

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
  3. John A Silkstone United Kingdom

John A Silkstone Mi General MI.Net Member

Well done and congratulations.

Silky

4. Capt. Cheatham

Capt. Cheatham Mi Private MI.Net Member

I'm sure that is a possibility sometime in the future, but I really do not know. I first found out about this project thru the Tiger Rag, the Princeton Association's newsletter I received in November. In it, is an order form for purchasing the DVD. I uploaded the image in my albums, and if anyone is interested, it can be printed from the image. The DVD is only $10 US, which is basically a donation to the project.

I have the same problem that you have, tho....I am 1000 miles from NY, and doubt I will see it, either.

The Nine Sisters were the 9 Independence Class Light Carriers that were built during WWII. George H.W. Bush was based on the USS San Jacinto, which was one of the sisters.

[​IMG]
    (click on thumbnail)​